Sell sled w/ oil injection delete or put back in??

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im putting my sled back to stock to sell it. I reeeaaaaaaallllly dont want to put the oil injection back in, but am worried about how many potential buyers I am going to lose by not having it.

Curious what peoples thoughts are.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like oil injection delete and I don't mind mixing gas personally. Im thinkin most people don't want to mix gas tho??

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like oil injection delete and I don't mind mixing gas personally. Im thinkin most people don't want to mix gas tho??
I don't want to mix gas unless it has 240 hp or has 2 wheels.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only sure way to know how much oil your 2 stroke is getting. I have no problem with mixing gas

Thats what I like about it. I might just try to sell it as is, and if it is a real issue I could knock a hundred or two off and they could have someone put it back in. Im tired of wrenching.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So there you go lose about 50% of buyers and I dont care but if paying top bucks I would want it in, goodluck on sale

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care and its less weight you pack around without having all the oil sloshing in there. I premixed the last two sleds, left it on this one though. For me its a wash either way but you may lose a couple buyers by not having it. Sell it with the sled and if they wanna put it on they can.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I like about it. I might just try to sell it as is, and if it is a real issue I could knock a hundred or two off and they could have someone put it back in. Im tired of wrenching.
If ya change your mind I'll buy your delete kit.:beer:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a complete kit also if Deaner doesn't take his off.
All factory and brackets anodized black.
Came off my 800 xp as selling it and put back to stock.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I really should put it back on. Just not a job Im looking forward to. Any tips on how to bleed the air out properly? Thought I remember hearing that there is a trick to it so it doesnt airlock and cook the engine. That would really suck after just putting a new engine in it.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a bleed screw on the pump. Also mixed oil in gas first tank to make sure it was working okay.
And your right a pain in the ass. Lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a bleed screw on the pump. Also mixed oil in gas first tank to make sure it was working okay.
And your right a pain in the ass. Lol

I think you are supposed to take a coat hanger and pull the lever to full open for a few minutes when its idling as well? Or is that just for the PTeks?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are supposed to take a coat hanger and pull the lever to full open for a few minutes when its idling as well? Or is that just for the PTeks?

Correct... Mix first tank. Hold oil pump wide open at idle... Do your best to bleed the lines before startup.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct... Mix first tank. Hold oil pump wide open at idle... Do your best to bleed the lines before startup.
Ya it only takes a few min with oiler wide open to see bubbles disappear .We would do this to every sled we assembled or motor rebuild.Mix gas as well.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just tell them it's lighter without it. I prefer to mix also. Worry-free, and no one ever asks to share fuel.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Alot of benefits to it. Only disadvantage is the slight inconvenience. Much lighter throttle pull too

Top Bottom