security system in the country?

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking a security system for the acreage. Would like to have the cameras that send you a text when it sees movement. Does anyone recommend the costco systems i see some are quite cheap. Any thoughts?

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out the "Arlo" system. Arlo comes with 4 wireless cameras which record movement and is also sound activated. Arlo automatically downloads to its own cloud and will text and email you immediately providing you have wifi. I've had this system for the last 3 months and the batteries are still showing a full charge. Range on the wireless cameras is about 200'. I believe they are on sale at Best Buy for $479.00

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're in the country, beware of cloud-based solutions. You need half decent internet to pull that off.

• Thanks
Reactions: ZIG

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that you want a very clear picture . If the pictures are not clear the cops won't press charges against the crooks . I am spending a bit more for a crisp pictures just by chance the cameras need to provide evidence against a criminal .

• Thanks

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Keep in mind, and this is absolutely phuckin BRUTAL, that video evidence in not admissible in court unless you have signs posted and can prove that the criminal knew he/she was being recorded on video.

• Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at my buddy's place in Red Deer where he does private work on HD motorcycles in his garage, he was setting up security cams when 2 customers that are RCMP officers came by. they poo poo'd his up high camera placement under the eaves saying that most crooks are wearing hoodies or hats and if you don't have a clear straight on view of the crooks face to make them identifiable you are only wasting your time.

another thing they said was to leave something like a hockey stick leaning up everywhere you may encounter a thief on your property so that when you bash his fawking head in with a bat, you can say he grabbed one of the hockey sticks and came at you causing you to fear for your safety. this was right from the mouth of the cop.

toyz

Reaction score
I just installed the arlo cameras. I got a nice video of a deer going through my yard. Also installing "smart things" security this weekend. se hoe that goes.

• Thanks

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco skylink alarm is awesome!And get a separate camera system.

• Thanks
Top Bottom