S module replacement

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My T3's s mod is bent and I'm looking to replace it before this upcoming season. I've heard of guys using the free ride/600rs module for more strength. Would this plus braces be too much rigidity? I've read about guys bending the e mod from having this combo after they smack a tree or a rock (which is going to happen sooner or later).

Thoughts?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace and do grip and rip brace. The front end of th summit is a tin box, crumples if you look at it wrong.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've hit lots with my xp and xm

I'm sure both are a bit out mabe, but to me having the weak link out in a easier location, and not a major like a e module or tunnel would be

GregW

Reaction score
Did mine too, toyed with exact question your considering. The answer is a catch 22, stock S module is a weak point and can easily get re-bent and is irritating to R&R, the braces people speak of will only transfer that damage back into the E module which is even more major and more costly and irritating to R&R. I chose the lessor of 2 evils, back to stock. What else were you going to do tomorrow and you have a reason to purchase a power riveter!!!!!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After you have replaced the original one and use the bolts and nuts it much easier and faster.
RPM skid plate helps big time as well for protecting and keeping things as they should be.

moonbeam

Reaction score
I replaced mine with the irondog 's mod 2 years ago and taken a few good full on tree trunk hits and only bent a few bumpers and the pipe once..haha not so funny...but 's mod and emod still straight!...seen to many braced sleds with cracked emod...it's the ski tugs or one ski hookers that really get the 's mod and it doesn't take much.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i replace s mods for me or my friends i usually use the rs reinforced one. its not that much different. two small braces for the upper control arms and a small one accross the front of the lower part where the lower control arms are. you do have to use washers or buy the rs upper bolts to make it work with the summits. It will still bend break or tear if you mash a rock or tree.. Just a bit more rigid for sucking up the impacts.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've hit lots with my xp and xm

I'm sure both are a bit out mabe, but to me having the weak link out in a easier location, and not a major like a e module or tunnel would be

Did mine too, toyed with exact question your considering. The answer is a catch 22, stock S module is a weak point and can easily get re-bent and is irritating to R&R, the braces people speak of will only transfer that damage back into the E module which is even more major and more costly and irritating to R&R. I chose the lessor of 2 evils, back to stock. What else were you going to do tomorrow and you have a reason to purchase a power riveter!!!!!
I've literally never seen anyone with braces hit anything that transferred damage back to the e-mod or tunnel that wouldn't have been a hard enough hit to transfer the damage back anyway.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to see how bad it is bent. If the ski tips are only out an 1"-1.5" I wouldn't even bother. You will fix it, maybe brace it and hit something the first week.

I havent owned a Doo without a tweaked S module or previously on the Rev a bent nun. If they are really bad then sure, replace, brace and ride.

Top Bottom