New 2016 Summit - Accessories and Breakin?

damhill

Reaction score
Picking up a new 2016 T3 Summit 163 next week and was looking for opinions on putting some syn oil in the tank during break in. I know the etec has a sophisticated breaking computer controller, i was just wondering if there is any downside to throwing a bit of syn oil in the 1st tank. Could this harm the injectors at all?

Also wondering opinions on recommended accessories or needed mods. I've ordered a skid plate, spare belt, ambient & engine temp module.

Should I install the s-module reinforcement kit from skidoo?

I've heard there is a pre-filter to go direct on the air box to keep under hood snow out of the air box? Needed?

skidoo sells rail stiffeners, I have cracked rails in the past on my Apex (@6000kms w/boost). Needed? Just for jumping?

Dump the sway bar (I did on my Apex)?

Anything else?

It's going to get ridden in the trees searching for pow, not much of a hill climber or jumper.

Thanks!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
-I'd keep the sway bar... You can get quick disconnect couplers if you want, from brp.
-I would get the brp rail stiffeners.
-I would get the vent screen kit from brp to keep snow under the hood to a minimum.
-Mixed reviews on the s-module reinforcing kit...... 1) hard hit will transfer damage to kinking the tunnel instead of breaking the s-module
2) will cause control arms to break/bend instead of s-module
-handle bar bag from brp is wonderful
-"quick clickers" of some type are a definate plus, instead of pulling out wrenches to adjust the clickers
-probably an extra set of spark plugs(just in case)
-don't need any oil in the fuel tank(the break-in mode takes care of that AND it will cause injector problems)
-brp linq jerry can and linq 10+3L storage bag is very handy

just my observations of owning a T3 174" :)

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Picking up a new 2016 T3 Summit 163 next week and was looking for opinions on putting some syn oil in the tank during break in. I know the etec has a sophisticated breaking computer controller, i was just wondering if there is any downside to throwing a bit of syn oil in the 1st tank. Could this harm the injectors at all?

Also wondering opinions on recommended accessories or needed mods. I've ordered a skid plate, spare belt, ambient & engine temp module.

Should I install the s-module reinforcement kit from skidoo?

I've heard there is a pre-filter to go direct on the air box to keep under hood snow out of the air box? Needed?

skidoo sells rail stiffeners, I have cracked rails in the past on my Apex (@6000kms w/boost). Needed? Just for jumping?

Dump the sway bar (I did on my Apex)?

Anything else?

It's going to get ridden in the trees searching for pow, not much of a hill climber or jumper.

Thanks!

Do NOT put extra oil in the tank. Pre filter kit is almost a MUST... On top of keeping the glove box warmer "non humid" and dry.... more importantly... There is a valve on the bottom of your air box that pops open if the sled gets staved of air from the side intakes.... If there is snow and stuff under the hood and the air box sucks it in... Your TPS sensor is there.... If it gets snow or ice on it it will think the throttle is frozen open and will throw the sled into limp mode. The pre filter kit puts a filter over that as well..

damhill

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Any recommendations on quick clickers? SLP?

The handle bar bag...do you mean the heated riser bags:
Ski-Doo Riser Block Bag (Long) - BAGS

Also, any idea how much additional riser over stock I can put on without having to extend wiring/cables? Stock is 8, I see brp sells 9.8..seems like an odd size...is that max with stock cables?

Last edited:

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the sway bar in and set up the suspension correctly for your weight.. ride hard my friend!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 no oil in tank. X100 on pre filter kit. I am mixed on quick clickers if you ride in the mountains mostly keep your cash. Same with a spare gas can for the back. I packed mine around and usually only used it once or twice a year. Bye the time the fuel is done so am I lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, any idea how much additional riser over stock I can put on without having to extend wiring/cables? Stock is 8, I see brp sells 9.8..seems like an odd size...is that max with stock cables?

Man you dont want 10 inches of rise unless you are 7 foot tall. I'm 6'4 and i went a inch shorter than stock. Get CFR risers, they clamp way better than stock.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-I'd keep the sway bar... You can get quick disconnect couplers if you want, from brp.
-I would get the brp rail stiffeners.
-I would get the vent screen kit from brp to keep snow under the hood to a minimum.
-Mixed reviews on the s-module reinforcing kit...... 1) hard hit will transfer damage to kinking the tunnel instead of breaking the s-module
2) will cause control arms to break/bend instead of s-module
-handle bar bag from brp is wonderful
-"quick clickers" of some type are a definate plus, instead of pulling out wrenches to adjust the clickers
-probably an extra set of spark plugs(just in case)
-don't need any oil in the fuel tank(the break-in mode takes care of that AND it will cause injector problems)
-brp linq jerry can and linq 10+3L storage bag is very handy

just my observations of owning a T3 174" :)

- I agree with almost everything.
- takes a good hard day of riding to burn a full tank of gas. I would get the jerrycans ( riverside has it on sale for 110$)
- Re-inforcing kit helped me I believe. Big impacts, well maybe not but I smoked a few good stumps and it is holding up great. The doos are quite robust with the kit.
- I found the handlebar bag too low if you have an "X" model. Shorter riser is only 5.5 inches on the "X" it hit the controls. Heater in the bas sux azz. PERIOD.

Do NOT put extra oil in the tank. Pre filter kit is almost a MUST... On top of keeping the glove box warmer "non humid" and dry.... more importantly... There is a valve on the bottom of your air box that pops open if the sled gets staved of air from the side intakes.... If there is snow and stuff under the hood and the air box sucks it in... Your TPS sensor is there.... If it gets snow or ice on it it will think the throttle is frozen open and will throw the sled into limp mode. The pre filter kit puts a filter over that as well..

There is a glove warmer? I only have a COLD storage box...

X2 no oil in tank. X100 on pre filter kit. I am mixed on quick clickers if you ride in the mountains mostly keep your cash. Same with a spare gas can for the back. I packed mine around and usually only used it once or twice a year. Bye the time the fuel is done so am I lol

Ya those chatter dayz kick the shiit outa ya.. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless you plan on riding 10,000km the rest of the season you don't need spare plugs!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are talking SP models? I got a summit X 174 with 4 yr warranty $14600 out the door.

damhill

Reaction score
2016 Red 163 T3 estart 3yr warranty, $13,020 otd.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless you plan on riding 10,000km the rest of the season you don't need spare plugs!
I have to disagree, one of my buddies had his plugs go out with about 1800 miles on it, it acted like he had lost a cylinder. I won't ever ride without spares again.

damhill

Reaction score
I have to disagree, one of my buddies had his plugs go out with about 1800 miles on it, it acted like he had lost a cylinder. I won't ever ride without spares again.

Coming from a 4stroke I guess this is something I'll have to get used to again.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from a 4stroke I guess this is something I'll have to get used to again.
You may never need them but if you do, you'll be glad you have them, especially when your 30 miles from the nearest road.

Top Bottom