2016 summit sp bogging

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2016 summit sp, on my second ride half way through the day it started to bog down. I would be riding meadows with full power then it just bogs down, I left off and it gives full power again. I thought maybe it was snow getting into the air box but after being in my garage for 2 nights warm, I took it across the field today and same thing, open up the throttle and it goes good then falls flat on its face until I let off the throttle. I'm going to take it into the dealer tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone may have any ideas about what might be wrong. I was thinking maybe a bad injector?? It also has fuel leaking on the exhaust side, it's pooling under the exhaust. I'm guessing that's coming from the main connection when it's under pressure from the fuel pump.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Rev limiter!
I was so excited on my 2016 an had the same problem.
Looked down at rpm and definitely over reeving.
Click and try it again.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not over reving, it will even do it from coming out of idle. It's like a hesitation and if I hold it at the point it bogs it will continue make the bogging out sound even at half throttle. It was snowing hard when I added fuel up the mountain, not sure if that would be enough justify water in the fuel? But maybe.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess!!! A skinny little biotch like you would have to click down.;)....However me....I have to click up one.:(
Rev limiter!
I was so excited on my 2016 an had the same problem.
Looked down at rpm and definitely over reeving.
Click and try it again.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try a cap full of isopropyl alcohol. might be water in the fuel.......not gas line antifreeze.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the starting has gotten harder, was 1 pull everytime and now 2-3. Its at the shop so i'll see what they say.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a notification that came out on some of the 2016's where the regulator in the tank was coming out and causing it to lose pressure. Happened to a buddy of mines.Made for hard starting but he never had issues with a bog though, but if it's losing pressure it may be a cause. just a thought.
yes the starting has gotten harder, was 1 pull everytime and now 2-3. Its at the shop so i'll see what they say.

Last edited:

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds similar to what was happening over at SW. He would be able to hit 8000 RPM on the trail. Have the dealer check the regulator in the tank on the fuel pump.

Attachments

• post-35939-0-18031800-1428506419.jpg
    post-35939-0-18031800-1428506419.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 308

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer just called and said that the fuel pump was crooked in the tank and not sealed from factory, causing fuel to come out when it was sloshing around and the regulator issue as well.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the issue is still here, thought it was fixed but it's still doing it. I'll try a cap full of isopropyl alcohol in the tank and see if that does it.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else running a bike man exhaust? I've ran mine since day one, I'm at 57% break in and wondering if the exhaust of break in has something to do with it:confused:

Côme

Reaction score
I ran bikeman exhaust om my 2014 xm and had lots of issues . I would definetly try it with factory exhaust back on . I switched my bikeman out for slp , and never had another issue . seems like the etec only likes slp or mbrp . Running just mbrp can on my 2016 t3 and no issues

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... good to know, I'll put my stock exhaust back on and see if that cures it. It's super annoying when it does this, a couple times ive almost gone over the bars because it goes from hero to zero instantly.

Last edited:

bourgon

Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen to me the last 2 weekends first weekend I was running stock pipe now I have a aftermarket one. Only once in a climb the rest of the time was on the trail! Thought it was the rev limiter

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the same thing happen to me the last 2 weekends first weekend I was running stock pipe now I have a aftermarket one. Only once in a climb the rest of the time was on the trail! Thought it was the rev limiter
What pipe are you running?

Top Bottom