Yet another accessories thread sorry

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new sled should be in soon ish. First new sled in quite a few years for me.

Questions on accessories - the sled is a Summit

I know its sad to say but I never really needed the jerry can with the old sled so I an not going with one on this one.

The bag though. Did you go with the backpack soft one or the rigid one both with linq?

Adjustable handle bar riser?

Skidoo cover

scratchers? There are some new ones that go on skis now. I am not a fan really of the heavy cable ones but I don't know what to get really. Rail ice scratchers or the normal ones?

I will be switching up the skis. Not because I think the stock ones are terrible I am just used to the old set and I like em.

I think I want a set of handle bar covers. Just something to take the wind off my hands (plus I kind of like the way it looks)

skid plate is a must - normally I go with a full one

spare key of course I think

prefilter kit is already included in the purchase

Now some other parts I am just unsure about looking for insight from guys that may have used them

1. The CVT clutch cooling thing. I guess its just a different clutch cover? Says it lowers belt temperature and its actually the cheapest accessory.
2. glove box extension. I thought I heard someone tell me the extrension was a good idea. Its an expensive for what it is addition though
3. Also the glove box liner I again heard to get it, but I don't know if I see the point

What is totally useless?

What am I missing?

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. Pretty happy so far with current setup that my second will have all the same.

Go with the rigid linq bag. Just be sure to pack it full with a spare jacket or gloves to make sure your sandwich doesn't become a salad in the bag.

Adjustable riser is nice for rides out. Going with ski Doo one this year as it looks well built. Couple guys in group have them and they look to work good.

The new skidoo reversable scratchers are well built. The ones that go on the rails. I'm going with these this year. The ice storm ones work really good to.

Your sled already comes with the cvt cover so save your money there.

I think the glovebox extension would snap off if you ever rolled your sled to get unstuck. The new updated liner fits pretty good and should help keep the snow out. There was always a bit of snow dust get in there.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like said before, the doo scratchers look like the ticket.

Skid plate, the full one collects a lot of snow

Keep the stock skis on for the first ride, I think you will love them, They are a deep keel and are a good for the sled.

Linq is a great feature, I just wish they made a base system for you to bolt on your own accessories.

Move the tools off of the CVT cover, you will someday find an allan key in your clutches..

From what I heard, just make sure the tarp doesn't flap at all, or it will shred.. Perhaps a couple of bungees would make that better.

Rear trunk, ok for a toque, but don't put keys or anything you want to lose in there... The doo rear trunk bag instead, is awesome.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. Pretty happy so far with current setup that my second will have all the same.

Go with the rigid linq bag. Just be sure to pack it full with a spare jacket or gloves to make sure your sandwich doesn't become a salad in the bag.

Adjustable riser is nice for rides out. Going with ski Doo one this year as it looks well built. Couple guys in group have them and they look to work good.

The new skidoo reversable scratchers are well built. The ones that go on the rails. I'm going with these this year. The ice storm ones work really good to.

Your sled already comes with the cvt cover so save your money there.

I think the glovebox extension would snap off if you ever rolled your sled to get unstuck. The new updated liner fits pretty good and should help keep the snow out. There was always a bit of snow dust get in there.

Glve box extension works good. Rolled my sled lots last winter. Never had a problem If you have estart be aware it will start when you roll it. Always pull the tether.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I know its sad to say but I never really needed the jerry can with the old sled so I an not going with one on this one.

The bag though. Did you go with the backpack soft one or the rigid one both with linq?

Skidoo cover

scratchers? There are some new ones that go on skis now. I am not a fan really of the heavy cable ones but I don't know what to get really. Rail ice scratchers or the normal ones?

I will be switching up the skis. Not because I think the stock ones are terrible I am just used to the old set and I like em.

I think I want a set of handle bar covers. Just something to take the wind off my hands (plus I kind of like the way it looks)

Now some other parts I am just unsure about looking for insight from guys that may have used them

1. The CVT clutch cooling thing. I guess its just a different clutch cover? Says it lowers belt temperature and its actually the cheapest accessory.
2. glove box extension. I thought I heard someone tell me the extrension was a good idea. Its an expensive for what it is addition though
3. Also the glove box liner I again heard to get it, but I don't know if I see the point

What is totally useless?

What am I missing?
Not a fan of the rigid bag systems quality. 3 out of 4 bags in our group have torn right at the base from stress of bouncing around and being rolled with the sled. Wish I could say I liked it, but it's having a hard time putting up with the abuse.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheap back pack, and rail mounts

The back pack has spare shovel, saw ect

I wanted it removable just in case u have to leave the sled, and with the straps easy to carry

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412601055646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412601055646.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 291

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Skidoo cover

What is totally useless?

What am I missing?

adjustable riser works pretty good. few guys in our group have them and they are solid.

skis are all preference. ive tried a few and am trying a new set of polaris grippers with shaper bars at the start of this season

handguards I used a set of flex tec rox guards. expensive but work awesome even when rolling the machine out

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Jesus.... a bunch of pack lama's! lol. Snowmobile....remove snowflap....ride. lol.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep 9 km up to allan, but for the rest of us that go back 20,30,60 km might wanna put some extra gear on the sled lol.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus.... a bunch of pack lama's! lol. Snowmobile....remove snowflap....ride. lol.

Yah for you and Maxwell to do wheelies in front of the cabin you don't need much gear lol! Just joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Linq is a great feature, I just wish they made a base system for you to bolt on your own accessories.

You can get the LinQ Fastener P# 715001707. Another handy accessories that hasn't been mentioned is the 12V plug kit. Rail stiffeners and the S-module brace are also a good idea to beef up a couple weak points on the sled.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think there is a rail stiffener kit for the t3 yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep there is, just ordered mine today! I can get you a part# if you'd like:beer: (the 163 and 174 have different part #'s )

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Yah for you and Maxwell to do wheelies in front of the cabin you don't need much gear lol! Just joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait... Less gear = better wheelies? There goes my avy bag!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt order the BRP stiffener kit i ordered this one. i like how it ties both rails together this is very important and something the BRP kit doesnt do. ive bent a few 163 rails in my time so this 174 needs this. 163 wouldnt hurt either. 154 should be ok

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt order the BRP stiffener kit i ordered this one. i like how it ties both rails together this is very important and something the BRP kit doesnt do. ive bent a few 163 rails in my time so this 174 needs this. 163 wouldnt hurt either. 154 should be ok
Yea that looks like a good setup,, Wish I would have seen that yesterday..lol What id really like is just to run ice ace rails,, Ill wait and see if I bend the stock one first though.

Top Bottom