XP S Module Reinforcements

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
During my last ride of the year I caught a rock on the right ski of my XP. I didn't think I hit it hard enough to bend anything until I loaded on the trailer and saw the one ski was pulled back a couple of inches from the other. The S module (nun) had bent (see picture below). When I'm installing the new S module I'll be installing upper and lower A arm reenforcement brackets. I found a set of brackets that look pretty good from Grip N Rip racing. I would say that these are cheap insurance for anyone that owns an XP.

Attachments

• P9160057.jpg
    P9160057.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 628

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did your E make it ok? I call mine lefty now I broke the right side of the E hit a rock with the left ski HARD.:eek: I can't tell if the S is bent till I get it apart. Are you bolting it instead of the rivets?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah my E module appears to be ok. I am going to be bolting it back together. I'm planning on using serrated flange bolts with flanged nyloks.

wheelin4fun

Reaction score
I've done 4 s-modules and 2 e-modules on our rentals last season and we bolted them back on.(much better if ya have to do it all over again).
This year we installed the grip and rip braces in hope that they will save some damage and down time this year on our rentals.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed the s module braces, and be prepared for some cursing as its a bitch to get a wrench in to tighten the rear bolts.

wheelin4fun

Reaction score
We had to modify a wrench.
We have them down to about 1.25-1.5 hrs to install the two braces.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, even with a regular wrench and cursing till I was blue in the face and stopping a couple times cause I thought I was going to have a heart attack because I was so mad, I dont think it took me that long, but I guess I didnt time it. It is a bitch though.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can a guy pick up the reinforcements anywhere in Edmonton?...would like to get both pieces

I dont think so, I started a thread a few weeks back asking the same thing, if there were any local dealers carrying the braces, and the answer was no, I ended up ordering from Chris at C&T Powersports, excellent service.

wheelin4fun

Reaction score
If you guys need I can order them from one of our distributors but we are down in calgary.
Had a rental come back yesterday with a bunch of damage and the braces did there job.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hear of alot of guys bending stuff on there sleds so i deceided to go ahead and get both upper and lower a-arms reinforcements.Should be here by Tue.then the fun begins trying to install...Will need alot of whiskey to calm down while installing.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine last week,had to buy a big rivet gun to pull the 1/4 rivets.Worked out well .If anyone needs to borrow it as I hope I will never need to use it again.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone else is interested in the reinforcements,just picked them up cost $225 plus $20 for shipping...Gonna ask the guys at the shop how much to make these.I'm guessing alot less than $225

6035e387-7d27-e493.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

ya its not going to be much cheaper that is some quality stuff.

but WAIT

steal someones measurements/designs/r&D

then refabricate it to save a few bucks because all the hard work is done!!!

cool!!!

no wonder all these little aftermarket companies sink into the ground

buy the fawkin stuff from the guy who builds it.

Top Bottom