Need spindle angle from T3

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I hit a rock the other day. Everything looks fine except one ski is back about 3-4 inches. The weird thing is I hit with the left ski, but the left side looks fine. On the right side the shock is sitting way closer to the front of the upper A arm. My spindles are about 10 degrees different. Just looking for a baseline to start from. I measured the angle from the floor to the back of the spindle. Was around 57 degrees on one side and 47 on the other. E module is fine, S module looks ok, really hard to tell if any a arms are bent but something has to be twisted.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im betting the s mod is twisted. Look at the 2 bolts under your pipe. Mine was like that.. also that casting might not be square anymore neither. photo 2-4.JPG photo 3-1.JPG

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the exact same thing last year, all looked fine initially, one ski back 3-4". But it only takes fractions of an inch diff at the mounting point to move the spindle a lot. New s mod is only bout $380, with the cast section. When reassembling use 1/4" bolts rather than rivets as well

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup i hit a creek bed this weekend and my one ski is 3-4 inches different to from what i can see i curled the threads on the ball joints. and the a arms is deff bent. but i cant tell is my s module is bent? And how do you guys go about telling if the e module id bent? Thanks for starting this thread by the way deaner lol.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can tell if your E-module is bent by simply looking in the engine compartment. If those castings are snapped or bent, I would replace those first.

Some evidence of the S-module being tweaked is to see these holes elongated. 4e2e5e7y.jpg

If you are gonna replace the S-mod, spend the extra $80 or so and get the free ride one. It is a lot beefier with extra bracing.

Yup i hit a creek bed this weekend and my one ski is 3-4 inches different to from what i can see i curled the threads on the ball joints. and the a arms is deff bent. but i can't tell is my s module is bent? And how do you guys go about telling if the e module id bent? Thanks for starting this thread by the way deaner lol.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the info dude. I'll take a peak and if questionable I'll post on here for ya

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a pro but I did find the post to be a good informative one. That's why this snow and mud is such a great place to hang out. Cheers

moonbeam

Reaction score
Iron dog s-mod... $30 more CAD I think...been good for a few good hits so far. There's all the RS module/free ride bracing plus upper a arm supports that I had to build shims for and get longer bolts. This is on a 14 xm.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iron dog s-mod... $30 more CAD I think...been good for a few good hits so far. There's all the RS module/free ride bracing plus upper a arm supports that I had to build shims for and get longer bolts. This is on a 14 xm.

Do you have the part number for this so I can check it out

moonbeam

Reaction score
Part #518328573 ...414.99CAD. You can order from online parts to nearest dealer for free shipping. You can zoom in and look on online parts fische

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll try looking that part number up. I'm just wondering if it would be compatable with tge rad 2 front end. I did see a ch up the free ride front end and looks like it's a direct replacement and will accept the ras 2.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part #518328573 ...414.99CAD. You can order from online parts to nearest dealer for free shipping. You can zoom in and look on online parts fische

ok I found the iron dog s mod. is it possible for you to post a picture of what kind of shims you had to build? and what the extra bracing looks like? im just wondering if it worth it to go with the iron dog or the free ride one. those freerides are meant for jumping so I was thinking that would be a good option

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe im missing something, but the freeride one looks 10 bucks cheaper?? And someone said the S module comes with the cast piece on the bottom? In the parts fiche I am looking at it looks like a separate unit for around 230 bucks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I tryed to find this, but Google failed lol

Can u post where so I can look at it??

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe im missing something, but the freeride one looks 10 bucks cheaper?? And someone said the S module comes with the cast piece on the bottom? In the parts fiche I am looking at it looks like a separate unit for around 230 bucks.

you can buy the hold front s module as one piece or you can buy them separate. if you scroll down there's a listing for complete s module or there's a listing for the individual parts.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would someone be able to grab that angle for me? Im just looking for a starting point to see what side is actually off. Measured my ski distances and I am actually only out 2 inches. By rotating the spindle I should be able to make that up so might not need any parts. Just need to know which side to rotate.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would someone be able to grab that angle for me? Im just looking for a starting point to see what side is actually off. Measured my ski distances and I am actually only out 2 inches. By rotating the spindle I should be able to make that up so might not need any parts. Just need to know which side to rotate.

I would for ya deaner but my front end is dinked and im not sure on what side either. from the looks of it my spindle is curled as well so I don't want to give you a false measurement.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also ive bin looking at the different s modules from the freeride and summit as well as the iron dog, none of which specify if one is stronger then the other. They do have different part numbers however.

Top Bottom