Rzr 170 running issues

finners

Reaction score
My sister's family just purchased a second hand 2013 Rzr 170
The machine runs good cold, but when it gets up to operating temperature it will die completely when you let off the throttle to slow down for a bump or a corner. The engine will not start again until it sits for about 5 min and even then it will quit after a min if you do not touch the throttle and get the engine off of an idle. After a stall instead of waiting the 5 min you can use the choke and get it running right away, you do have to pin it and push the choke off to keep it running.
The machine is all stock.
Just wondering if any of you have ran into the same problem and what you have done to fix this.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would start looking at the rubber between the carb and the motor. I have never seen how the 170 is setup, but sounds like your getting to much air and not enough fuel, so that's where I would begin.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
My sister's family just purchased a second hand 2013 Rzr 170
The machine runs good cold, but when it gets up to operating temperature it will die completely when you let off the throttle to slow down for a bump or a corner. The engine will not start again until it sits for about 5 min and even then it will quit after a min if you do not touch the throttle and get the engine off of an idle. After a stall instead of waiting the 5 min you can use the choke and get it running right away, you do have to pin it and push the choke off to keep it running.
The machine is all stock.
Just wondering if any of you have ran into the same problem and what you have done to fix this.

Kids used to have one. Check the vent hose for the carb. On theirs, the vent hose for the carb ran down below the frame & if you go thru small mud hole/puddle, you can plug this & it causes a similar issue. Simply shorten hose (it still has to hang a couple inches below carb). Good luck!

finners

Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long getting back with a response, I heard the float bowl level had to be adjusted. Level was set too low and engine would starve for fuel. Makes sense now and hopefully this info will help out someone in the future.

Top Bottom