Rv interior led lights

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any long term experience with them?
Cool , warm or bright white?
Are the eBay ones any good ?
Are they a direct replacement ?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy gave me some Chinese leds last year. I likes them so I bought another 20 or so. Still don't have all off them in but they are well worth the money. I think I paid around 2 bucks each. Shipping takes about a month. They can be a pain to hook up. The power and ground have to go the right way and the wires can be a pain to get everything lined up but once they are in it is a done deal.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
A buddy gave me some Chinese leds last year. I likes them so I bought another 20 or so. Still don't have all off them in but they are well worth the money. I think I paid around 2 bucks each. Shipping takes about a month. They can be a pain to hook up. The power and ground have to go the right way and the wires can be a pain to get everything lined up but once they are in it is a done deal.

dx.com gents...... 1141 led - Free Shipping - DX

good prices and MUCH faster shipping than what Keith had..... I'm going to be ordering some here pretty quick.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they are the bright white. They are a lot brighter then the regular bulb they replaced.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are like the ones I got.

Those are the one we put in our trailer. Warm white which is still a bit on the bright side but you get used to it. Ordered out of China, came very quick and have been excellent for 3 years now. Used E-Bay and the guy I was dealing with was great. Sent all the different connector types I asked for. LED technology keeps improving. Buddy just ordered a bunch off E-Bay so I will be able to see his shortly and compare.

I deep keep one bulb the standard monofilament and that was the outside yellow light. Just felt the standard bulb threw better light for out around the trailer at night...but that's just me, or maybe it's the rum..

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my leds off ebay and they are a direct replacement, just plug out the old one and plug in the new! They have been working great and paid $70 for 20 of them!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the LED's for about 4 yrs now (before they were a bunch cheaper). I just put them in the fixtures we use all the time, including the outside and step light, and the fluorescent fixture over the sink (drink makin area). Leave 'em on all evening and the battery voltage doesn't even move. Love em. All were plug and play except the fluorescent replacement....couple of wires had to be spliced...but with the cover on, you'd never know the old tubes weren't in there.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they are the bright white. They are a lot brighter then the regular bulb they replaced.

So those ones are 48 smd. I'm guessing that is the number of led's per bulb. On eBay they go from 18 smd all the way to 48 like the ones you posted. These pics are from eBay showing an 18 smd and a 36.

So if yours had 48 in a warm white and they are on the bright side my old fart brain says 36 smd should be perfect ? Anyone know more about how this works?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine are flat panels similar to what was posted up. They aren't the light bulb style

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Merv, can you go with the flat panel style as I personally had better luck with them.

So those ones are 48 smd. I'm guessing that is the number of led's per bulb. On eBay they go from 18 smd all the way to 48 like the ones you posted. These pics are from eBay showing an 18 smd and a 36.

So if yours had 48 in a warm white and they are on the bright side my old fart brain says 36 smd should be perfect ? Anyone know more about how this works?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the LED's for about 4 yrs now (before they were a bunch cheaper). I just put them in the fixtures we use all the time, including the outside and step light, and the fluorescent fixture over the sink (drink makin area). Leave 'em on all evening and the battery voltage doesn't even move. Love em. All were plug and play except the fluorescent replacement....couple of wires had to be spliced...but with the cover on, you'd never know the old tubes weren't in there.

Bulb style or flat?

Top Bottom