riser for MM

cowboy-up69

Reaction score
hey everyone, i have a 01 mountain max 600 and i was jsut wondering, do you have to get all new brake cables and throttle cables when you put in a 6 inch riser or can you just get extensions? i've tlked to a few people and they all have different ideas, and i have no idea who to belive!

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
I'll second this one. I'm installing a riser on a friends sled and want to know why there seems to be two throttle cables (one upper and one below the carbs)? Do I need to extend them both?

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
the upper cable goes to your carbs and the lower cable goes to your oil pump. don't over stretch either one or you'll have issues as i found out earlier this season. i would recommend extensions.

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
So when I do a larger riser (going to put a 8" or 10" on) ,does he need to buy two throttle cable extensions? We've already changed the brake line. We didn't change the throttle lines yet b/c the two cables had me a little confuzed.

Any hints or tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Chelle

Lashcat

Reaction score
I am in the middle of adding a riser on my 2000 MM. I have been told that you can get away with 4 inches of rise any more than that and you will need extensions. I am going with a Powermadd 10 inch riser and pivot block with flt flat bars. That will only give me around 3.5 inches above stock. Later I plan to add the factory 2 inch block under the pivot block and extensions. All I can say is when is the money drain going to stop. Also just replaced all the bearings in the rail assembly. Also have a chromoly steering post to install.

snowdad4

Reaction score
go for new cables, not extensions. if you can get oem yamaha parts, get the throttle and oil cables from an 03 viper mountain. the viper bars are considerably taller than the mm bars, and with some creative cable rerouting, will take just about any riser heighth. cables will run about $30ish, U.S., for the pair.

porkhaaks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had three mm 's sold one... I went with new cables and brake line.. Then I relocated the park brake lever to the riser, works great.. OH... my risers are about 7 inches ... Any other help you need maybe I can help.. PM me ..

julliopat

Reaction score
I have a brand new oil cable, 8 inch longer then the stock one for sell.
im in fort saskatchewan lets me know if someone need it.

Top Bottom