Riding in Whitecourt

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
there used to be a mine up there?????

I've never actually seen a mine up there but I was told that the old road thats all grown in that leads off the backside of the towers up there was the old mine road. Maybe they were just prospecting for coal.:confused: Maybe a visit to the Forest Interpreter Center is in order. :d I always wondered what was in that building. My son came home one day from a field trip there and said its just full of Whitecourt History. :confused: :beer::beer:

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
As i was reading your post i was thinking hte same thing....maybe a visit to Forest Interpreter Center is indeed in order!!!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As i was reading your post i was thinking hte same thing....maybe a visit to Forest Interpreter Center is indeed in order!!!!!

Talking to some of the older folk that grew up around here, they said that folks used to go and dig their own coal out of the hill by the tower for their coal stoves way back when. On my GPS maps it has the area surrounding point marked as mining area. N54 07.316 W115 25.953 (Almost straight east 3Km from the towers, on the South side of the road)
Never been out to take a closer look myself.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if theres an actual mine there or not, the 'mining area' is pretty large on the map I have.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride yesterday south of town to the Groat Creek warmup shack with Brew_doo and another buddy. It's friggin DRY out there boys and girls, care needs to be taken so our playground doesn't get burned down.

shauncsmith

Reaction score
Went for a quick little ride on some of the trails down the windfall rd yesterday night. It was alot of fun.
Need a early day at work, then i will have to check out some of the trails around the mountain...

jwishard

Reaction score
Anyone been quading in the tower road area as of late? Whats the riding like and can you camp out there? Anywhere else in the whitecourt area good for riding as well as camping?

Top Bottom