Riding in Whitecourt

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite:realmad:

I'm guessing you never read the chit box Mike 12345657789?

"""Rknight111, Crazy Wheeler, and Tabneil going to Whitecourt for a day rip tomorrow... anyone want to join us is more than welcome...... """"

Could have used another trusty Honda, used my winch a few times..... and most of the time it was not for me!!!....... Hahahahahah:d

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
It was a good ride, and yes I need to keep that thing in 4wd more, Hit a couple of water holes in 2wd going slow, and some of them are deeper than you think. Here is a couple of pics.

Attachments

• Resized_IMGP3867.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3867.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Resized_IMGP3870.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3870.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Resized_IMGP3871.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3871.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Resized_IMGP3873.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3873.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Resized_IMGP3879.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3879.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Resized_IMGP3876.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3876.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Resized_IMGP3874.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3874.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 101

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here are a couple more pics, the fourth one was the second bridge we found but we decided not to cross. CW walked on it with a stick checking to see how deep it was, it was about shoulder deep, now thats enough to drown a atv. I drove in with mine while CW was checking the depth and my quad started to float so I figured I better get out.

Attachments

• Resized_IMGP3880.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3880.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Resized_IMGP3882.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3882.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 107
  • Resized_IMGP3884.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3884.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Resized_IMGP3886.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3886.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Resized_IMGP3889.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3889.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Resized_IMGP3891.jpg
    Resized_IMGP3891.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm guessing you never read the chit box Mike 12345657789?

"""Rknight111, Crazy Wheeler, and Tabneil going to Whitecourt for a day rip tomorrow... anyone want to join us is more than welcome...... """"

Could have used another trusty Honda, used my winch a few times..... and most of the time it was not for me!!!....... Hahahahahah:d

Just funnin Tab.I was out of town workin.:d

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just funnin Tab.I was out of town workin.:d

I know, It was hard to enjoy the ride, the sun, the mud and laughs, especially when we were thinking about you the whole day. It was tough, but we perserveered. Maybe next time work won't interfere with riding.....:d:d:beer:

cccan

Reaction score
looked fun Neil...I'm heading out tomorrow..likely by myself....no friends due to the new job

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what you get for being upper management..... I'm sorry but things just won't be the same now between you and me.....might be a conflict of interests now!!!!! Bahahahahahaah:eek:

P.S make sure that you check in with journey management every two hours.....

nolan

Reaction score
Head out of town towards Edmonton take the first range road to the south, about 1 km out of WCT. There's a sign there called East Mountain Road , take that road for a few kms to a tee intersection, hang a left and follow to the top of the mountain. There's a fire tower up there and tons of good riding. You won't see it all in a month of hard riding. :d

Thanks for the info ,we are there tommorow do you know if there is random camping in this area for 4 fifth wheels???

nolan

Reaction score
Just go East of town, turn south on East Mountain road and follow it around a curve, then go west approx 3 miles until you hit a T intersection. That is tower road so just hang a left and you will find various trails from there.........and they go forever back there.

thanks for the info , we are heading there tommorow do you know if there is room for random camping for 4 fifth wheels in this area??

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info , we are heading there tommorow do you know if there is room for random camping for 4 fifth wheels in this area??

I never really noticed any open areas that would accommodate Four 5th wheels, but there maybe. Up at the top of the hill there is a spot to turn around, right in front of the look-out tower gate. This would not be a good spot to park or camp, as it is a place for others to turn around to go back down the hill. There was approx. 6 or 7 roads that branch off to all the towers along the road, and some of them seemed to have a bit of open area around them.... Good luck......

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
I dont know of any good places for four 5th wheels to camp out there (the other guys from whitecourt might know) but its mostly all private land around there for the most part.....there is a few camp sites around that can accommidate....CAMP-IN-TOWN which is across the road from Crappy tire, there u would just have to ride up the ditch on west mountain road....there is the Lions Campground which is located on the east side of Whitecourt just as u come into town, there, all u would have to do is go infront of the Foresty inerpitave center and follow the power line down to West mountain road......or there is Eagle River Campground which is located south of whitecourt towards Edson....it is right along side the McLeod River....the river is very shallow....everyone goes tubing down it when its hot out so crossing it is easy.....(to get to the mountain u have to cross the river) I am sure the other guys on here that live in whitecourt could maybe point out a place to set up camp.....ENJOY THE TRAILS!!!!:drink4:

Last edited:

nolan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, which campground would you suggest for five fifth wheels and quads??

Top Bottom