Riding clinic's

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I used to race back in the day with his Dad. I’ve known Brandon since he was a little kid. Even sold him some sleds. Went to Eagle last winter with his Dad to watch the races. Awesome family. He sent me a pic tonight of his 66 bu canola crop they are working on now. View attachment 274309

Right on. Ive rode with him a few time. First time I met him, me and him built a huge booter up on boulder, I blew up my chaincase. Then he lent me this race sled he had for like 2 days. I rode the ch!t out of it cause it was awesome and couldn't resist. Wound up crashing it having a bit too much fun. He wasn't even that mad. Barely knew me too.

Super good guy.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually Ryan I have a family friend that might be able to help. He even has a massive foam pit and ramp set up at his Dads farm. He hangs with Turcotte and a bunch of fliers and they all practice at his place. If you want I could text him and ask him. Be cool to practice in foam before you have to commit to harder landings. His name is Brandon Weisener. The farm is west of Leduc
Sent ya a message. I'll take ya up on that

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for the experts out there.
A buddy of mine wants some coaching. He wants to start learning some good jumps and drops. Scary stuff as he put it.

Who is a good go to for this stuff? Because looking to hire out as a private thing for our group.
Honest question, why? Does he think he can get sponsored for going big? I've just seen a lot of people damage their bodies doing that stuff. Oh yeah, and if you're sponsored and get hurt, you're not sponsored anymore unless you're one of the top 5 in all of sledding.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honest question, why? Does he think he can get sponsored for going big? I've just seen a lot of people damage their bodies doing that stuff. Oh yeah, and if you're sponsored and get hurt, you're not sponsored anymore unless you're one of the top 5 in all of sledding.
I don't think getting sponsored is much in his mind. Pretty sure it's just the thrill.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find jumping can actually be relatively safe if you arent doing stupid chit, and stay with in your talent level.

I learnt to jump when i was young doing moto.
Can jump 100 times a day without crashing.

I never tried flips, cause i cant even flip on a trampoline and id kill myself. But i know guys that can flip 50 times a day on a bike no problems.

Trying to learn to jump when ur already a grown up is challenging. But ive seen people first mountain trip just fkn send it. There is some natural talent involved that you either have or you dont...

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it's a mid 30s crisis. Wants to say he did it. That's probably all. And the adrenaline rush.
I enjoy watching. He pushes hard and he enjoys it.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jumps are fun, collecting air miles is fun.

As 'hurkot' mention stay resonable, getting screwed up in the backcountry in not fun.

and as noted stay within your talent zone. progress from there into bigger stuff or throw more style into what your doing.

Generally learning on big pow days is the most forgiving if you screw up, my opinion.

sometime just identifying the difference between a good natural setup and a bad one will make or break your success.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it's a mid 30s crisis. Wants to say he did it. That's probably all. And the adrenaline rush.
I enjoy watching. He pushes hard and he enjoys it.
I'm pretty sure he's been this way all his life. Based on the stories we hear anyways lol.

• Haha
Reactions: RXN

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those that may be interested in improving your riding style and learn how to do sweet jumps Brandon suggested contacting one of these companies:

Brett Turcotte
Stoked Mountain Adventures
Revelstoke

Caleb Kesterke
Proven Progression
Montana

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to add to the discussion a little, I want to touch on foam pits.

They aren't really much good for beginners to learn to jump. They are for pro's learning to do crazy life risking tricks, before they try them to dirt/snow.

I know a few people that have them. And they are sketchy AF. Unless they have the million dollar Red Bull foam pit, you need to know what ur doing already.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They aren't really much good for beginners to learn to jump. They are for pro's learning to do crazy life risking tricks, before they try them to dirt/snow.

I know a few people that have them. And they are sketchy AF. Unless they have the million dollar Red Bull foam pit, you need to know what ur doing already.
That’s what Brandon told me this morning. More for full send tricks and quite dangerous he said. Better to start on the hill on small jumps and progress up till you master what it takes to land right.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

First thing that comes to mind when I hear foam pit... Street Bike Tommy

Top Bottom