Riding At The Lake, Next Generation

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well back from Vegas, finished donating until tax time. We did get some rain while I was away but with that said it's not too bad.
I will have to get out this weekend and tare the ice off the trail surface with the groomer and flatten out the moguls.
Now we are on the fringe for that snow front coming in from the west so I don't anticipate much accumulation.
The long weekend is coming so get out there and do some snow dancing.

See you on the trail
Don
:i_need_snow:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it's not great news, there is 2 inches of fresh snow over solid ice, I was trying to grind off the ice and by doing that I blew the track
off the Geo, when you are pulling too hard I walked out from under the track.
So after putting the track on I cut for a couple hours, realized I'm doing nothing but abusing the equipment and
I headed for home, we need snow

Sorry folks invest in scratchers or you will melt your sliders.
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it's coming, 2 inches so far.
:cool:

Friday morning
Well not a big snow night, but we received 3 inches.
Now it's snowing a bit here this morning so we still have potential
for a few more by tomorrow.
:i_need_snow::cool:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it is nice to groom snow covered trails versus the rocks and grass I have been
this season. We ended up with about 5 inches, this covered over the ice trails we had, and will make for a nice trail ride .
Put on about 60 km on Saturday, what a treat, fresh snow.

See you on the trails
Don :cool:
You know I look at this pic and I see a nice smooth trail, there really isn't 2 feet of this trail that is flat!! I love groomed trails:eek:

Attachments

• grooming feb 8 2015.jpg
    grooming feb 8 2015.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Folks
Have you ever seen a weather week like the last one, from summer to winter and back, holy smokes.
Well I think it should settle down and I can back to my duties, I tried grooming on Sunday, that was a waste of time, toooo warm, I turned around after four hours
and said uncle.
We ended up a bit ahead of the game but we could use another 6 inches just to top it off and say we have nice trails at the lake.
Maybe this week,
See you on the trails
Don:cool:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dropped the kids sleds off at the farm after we got back from the mountains and went for a quick rip, seemed like about 5" snow on the trails in the bush. Bit crusty on top, gonna be hard on my deer heard. Was one nice buck left at the end of the year that I need for next year's Skeleton Lake Big Buck competion.
Hope it snows more Don as I rode the Long Lake trails once this year and you had done a remarkable job. Mother nature should show her appreciation and dump a foot for you!

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Snow C
Lots of folks out riding last weekend, the trails are rough. Up in Wabasca for the next while an won't get to the trails,
sorry people, will do my best to get at them next week. And yes it would be nice for a snow dump not the freezing rain forecasted for tonight at the
Lake.

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well it's starting to look like we have groomed trails at the Lake again
About 2/3 of the east side done today, boy they were beat up, some places needed a four pass.

See you on the trails
Don :cool:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled ralley in two week in Newbrook, March 7th, not sure of the route.
Dam work, won't be able to make it!
Starts from the hall in town.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the trail conditions in and around the Lake?:Snowmobile1:

Well Don's trails are exceptionally smoooooth and there is lots of snow to ride on. Many miles of untouched trails in the area with about 16-18" of snow. There are a few areas beat to death around the lake as it's been a while since it has snowed - just like everywhere eslse.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was a really good rally on Saturday and met some people that I have not seen in many years. Not much snow heading out to Newbrook until you got to Abee then BAM!!!! Good old Newbrook still had lots of snow, well for this year. Still was up to 16" of snow in the bush, warm and sunny. Kids had a blast as it was probably their last sled ride as I am back to work for a while - but they were already asking where "where are we going with the bikes this summer?"
About 110 sleds - 6 cash prizes and LOTS of door prizes.
My cousin drove his '74 Raider and his brother inlaw had the studded big bore YZ out on the trail. Passed sooo many untouched cutlines, just not enough time in a day!!!!!

Big thanks to the organizers! Another excellent time and a well organized, well marked easy to follow trail at about 90Kms.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
well the Spring has sprung, east coast has 10 feet of snow and we have 10 cm left, go figure. this season was an OK season but it
just didn't seem to take off like past years. The big plus for me, the Geo on tracks was such a hit, quiet, smooth, power, wow this will keep
grooming for a long time. There will be some changes to the groomer, electric Jacks for the raising and lowering of the cutters that is a must now
with me and my arthritis, the knives on the brush cutter will be doubled up just for a little more strength.
I will change out every bearing on the tracks this year, it's time and it will same the boogey wheels from seizing.
All the large guide tires on the front tracks need replacing, that comes from the torque placed on them with the extra power
from the Geo. I have removed the tracks from the Geo and noticed the front brake calipers are not releasing as they should so they must be rusted from all the snow
so I will replace them.
So eight months from now, there will be another year of grooming at the Lake, and we will start all over again with anticipation of
a big snow year.
Many thanks to all that donate to the Groomer Guy, without you I would not be able do this.
Now for the Big request, next Fall there is a trail 1 km long that needs to be PRUNED back 1 foot, I can't get to the pipe line because it's
too tight and the one time this season I did go I was tearing the mirrors of the Geo, I will put out the word around October for
a work Bee.

See you on the trails next season
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I guess winter is not quite done yet
Should have a foot by supper.:rolleyes:
No power
Don
PS
If you need one more ride at the Lake, you got your wish, picked up a foot.
Don

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Day Folks
I have been asked for a map of the area for some time now and during the winter
while grooming I had the GPS running on and off, this is the end result, hope this
helps a few of you not get lost.
The highlighted area is a nice 60 km run .
See you on the trails
Don

Last edited:
Top Bottom