Riding At The Lake, Next Generation

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well had a big day, finished all the trails today, well packed and ready for the BIG DUMP, we need it. Must be getting old, the Dead fall seems to be getting bigger and heavier every year. Lots of sleds out, nice to see the folks enjoying the Alberta outdoors.

See you on the trail

Don:cool::happyholidayswreath:i_need_snow:

Last edited:

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You thought I was just Whinning:)

Attachments

• dead fall.jpg
    dead fall.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 227

bigeye43

Reaction score
My boy and I had an absolute blast! I think we only touched the tip of the iceberg. Started out at the staging area and rode down the hill to cross the lake. Rode the east side, had some lunch courtesy of the muff pot, and made our way back to the east. Rode a few trails up there before loading up. Only got about 3 hours of riding in, but a great 3 hours it was. Cant wait to come back after Christmas. I must commend you on all your hard selfless work! I would love to run into you up there so I can throw you some cash. With some fluff, it can only get better!!

bigeye43

Reaction score
Just a couple miles north of the Long Lake store is the turnoff for the Long Lake Emergency Access Road. Turn east and follow this a couple more miles, and it is a huge open lot on the north side of the road. I had to unload on the road as the lot has not been plowed yet.

sportman

Reaction score
Just a couple miles north of the Long Lake store is the turnoff for the Long Lake Emergency Access Road. Turn east and follow this a couple more miles, and it is a huge open lot on the north side of the road. I had to unload on the road as the lot has not been plowed yet.

thanks

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this long lake emergency access road straight off Hwy 2. Thinkin of headin out there this weekend and not to sure if I got the directions right. don't want to have to try and turn a 22' enclosed trailer around on some tight road with no room. TIA for any info.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just a heads up for all, I was out opening a new area today and there is a Beaver dam part way, always ice test right!
Well I put the front left track on the dam and was about to get out and test, the track broke through the ice before I got out of he Geo, I backed off and there was 2 inches of ice.
So I have tested several area's and found 12 inches in most places, OPS not everywhere.

See you on the trail
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Beautiful day at the Lake

See you on the trails
Don:)

Attachments

• dec 20.jpg
    dec 20.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 270

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
The Groomer arrived back from the shop today and got back at it tonight, thanks to Mitch for a great job.
Had an arm attached to the groomer to cut back the overhanging brush, very nice.
Since the Geo has more power Mitch attached another blade, big difference, I won't need to make as many passes
to cut the moguls out. The Geo handles this groomer without issue, all temps from the engine, tranny, and diff. are normal.
Nice when a plan comes together.

See you on the trails
Don

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Well the groomer is working so well, the side brushing arm is going to make it much nicer to ride the trails along with it being a bit safer, with those overhanging tree branches gone. We are in need of a good snow fall, I'm taking all the snow from the trail edge and winging to the trail centre because the riders refuse to stagger when operating their machines on a trail and the moguls are appearing already. It will be cold for the next couple of days, going to take a rip to the city, need to buy a couple of the big wheels for the tracks, there is some wear showing on the inside edges and if you fail to change them out you will have the track derail, easy to change them out in the shop.
The snow conditions are not too bad, if you are coming out expect a nice ride here at the Lake,

See you on the trails
Don :cool:

Top Bottom