rides on their new pro RMK

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
500+ on mine so far It's an awsome sled first poo since 07 rode an XP last year and Doo since 01 and the transition was easy simmilar in many ways but the pro is so much more responsive it's an awsome boondocker and just keeps on top of the snow even early on with no base. Climbs great first sled into Big Blue pulled both top chutes in big powder at 8100-8050 and just kept pulling hard all the way to the top. It's tough 2nd ride I nailed a rock with the right ski on a decent blew through the bars folded them flat and blew both panels open all I did was tweak the left arm a bit. Thursday boondocking through the trees I had to use a tree to sqeeze my way up cliped it at about 60km and kept going noticed a 1-2 inch difference in ski stance so I finally kinked the left side bad enough to change out both A arms about $400.00 shock still good. I rode the rest of the day hard! So I think POO did there R&D well this is one tough sled. Poo got it right great handling perfict clutching from factory and durable so far, as for what will out climb what stock It's all rider in my opinion and who realy cares, I just have fun.

Studder

Reaction score
Have rode all types of sleds over the years, but got to say this is one of the best stock mountain sleds that I have ever rode. I normally rent or sell every year, so not biased... It has very good rider ergonomics (for myself), and great balance points for powder and sidehilling. Suspension is suprisingly good. (Had to adjust alittle) Power is typical for Polaris, smooth and steady the hole way. Great clutching as stock. On 6" of powder on a small lake, a M8 '08 163, a E-tec, 154" and myself, 163" gave a run (XP and Pro had about 200 miles on and I still had my 24ohm resistor in). The XP did slowly pull ahead of me after about 200ft, and was about 2 lengths ahead after about 500ft, the cat was dead even. (All stock, switched sleds). But when it comes to powder/ powder hills (we switched sleds) the Pro continuously outdid the XP and the M8. Now if the doo could hook up better, I do believe it's power/clutching/track would outdo the Pro? We'll see this spring??? But the sled has a strong frame, I'am glad to see only lower Aarms giving. We've proven them and had way to many friends XP's front ends replaced. Time will tell on this motor and frame but I believe Polaris did their home work on this one. I really like alot of things Polaris did on this machine. Next year will probably prove to be better? 1st post on this site. Sorry so long. PS. But the Pro has no tether switch???

Studder

Reaction score
Yes we need to do it. But some one needs to stay home and pay the bills... I'am still looking for your money tree??? Oh I just talked to her... she's cooking me my supper!

emether1

Reaction score
Dazz that looks more like your speed in the pic. Maybe bug will let you ride it. hehehe

ProRmk800

Reaction score
Got 380 miles on my pro rmk 155 and i gotta say the more i drive this machine the more i love it. Havent gotten to the mountains yet but hopely at the beginning of march. For all you cat fans and those who wanted to know how they do on the flatlands. 3 pro rmk lined up 2 with 155 and 1 with a 166 the other guy i was riding with the 155 had some diffrent clutching done. To top that off a 2010 Hcr 800 153 lined up with some slight mods i think a can y pipe, race fuel and clutching.

We lined up for a half a mile stretch out off the hole all pro rmk were even but what i couldnt believe was that cat was left 4 or 5 sled lengths left behind. about quarter way down the stretch the cat was long behind:) All pro rmk were even but the 155 with the diffrent clutching started to pull away slowly about 3 quarters way done the stretch the 166 was slightly in front of my 155 and the 155 with diffrent clutching was about 2 sled lengths ahead that is how we finished the race two. For the the guy on the cat which kick all are a#s last year on are 2010 polaris 800 had nothing to say after the race he was left in the dust this year against are pro rmks he was atleast 10 -11 sled length behind us when we finished the race.

All riders were close in weight and all were evenly lined up at the line so dont make any excuse why the cat lost. I do believe if polaris keeps up the good engineering on there mountain sleds we can be Number 1 again:)

rmr1964

Reaction score
try that with an xp. you would have changed the s module twice just to keep the engine aligned nevermind the ski stance.just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom