Revy Snow Conditions

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up on frisby on Tues(sunny) and Wed(fog and snow) 3-4ft base new foot fresh on top by wed aft. Unloaded at about 5km up on Tues and at 3km on Wed. I will post some video tonight of Cariboo run conditions. I'm :) today!!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lococoin and I were up on boulder today. We unloaded about the 7K mark. There is about 2-3 feet of base. There was fresh snow on top of that...about two feet but it got eatin` up fast. We were socked in. We got to the first summit and that was it. So with about 50 sleds at the cabin the fresh snow disappeared fast. Thank God I had my GPS with us because about 3:00pm we had a good storm come through and the ones that were at the back got lost real fast. I ran into others(about 10) who were all trapped up there and couldn`t find their way out. We all got down safely.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Lococoin and I were up on boulder today. We unloaded about the 7K mark. There is about 2-3 feet of base. There was fresh snow on top of that...about two feet but it got eatin` up fast. We were socked in. We got to the first summit and that was it. So with about 50 sleds at the cabin the fresh snow disappeared fast. Thank God I had my GPS with us because about 3:00pm we had a good storm come through and the ones that were at the back got lost real fast. I ran into others(about 10) who were all trapped up there and couldn`t find their way out. We all got down safely.

Good feed back.... Good to hear no lost sheep left behind !:thumbsup2:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good feed back.... Good to hear no lost sheep left behind !:thumbsup2:
None that I know of. I almost spent the night on a hill a few years ago. It`s not a great feeling not knowing where to go. We are thinking about trying Area 51 tomorrow or Frisby. We talked to a couple of guys who rode Frisby today and it was about the same as Boulder for conditions. The trail up is rough, very rough. The only thing bad about going to Area 51 right now is if the snow sucks we`ve drove 45 minutes and the time to ride up for nothing. If we go Frisby we know what we are getting into. We`ll decide in the morning.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried to get up to area 51 but there was a huge stump in the trail that would take a Cat( and I don`t mean a sled here) to move. It looked like it may have slid down from the clearing. We`ll need about another two to three feet of snow to get over it or someone will have to go in with a chain saw and remove the roots that are pointing straight up . There was no way to get around it and we were only half way up the hill. There was about three feet of fresh snow on the trail. When I step off my sled to look for away around the stump I sunk to my waist. Steve has a picture of me. It was cloudy but you could easily see where you were going. I wish we would have made it up all the way. We were the only ones on the trail up to Area 51 so far this year. There was another track but they never tried taking the trail up.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my brother in law were up at Frisby on Sunday, just as 4Extreme said, socked in REALLY bad! Unloaded at the 3km mark then the snow starts getting deep fast, made it out of the trees up top and it was a complete white out, couldn't see more than 10 feet ahead of you, way to dangerous, waited at the cabin for about an hour and decided to just go home, so in short, snow conditions were great for this time of year, hit no rocks or stumps, weather was frickin' terrible! I go back to Revy Dec.26 for 4 days it should be awesome by that that time pending the weather. The drive from Calmar was 5 hours to Golden then another 1.5 hrs to Revy. Highway 93 (Columbia Icefields) was in poor condition the rest was really good. The new bridge is great.

-rossco-

Reaction score
That just about sums up the whole weekend at frisby. I rode Fri,sat,sun at frisby and saturaday was the only half decent day with bout 2 hours of fair weather. Snow was awesome some nice powder in he trees. the new xp 800 x 146 i got rips.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my brother in law were up at Frisby on Sunday, just as 4Extreme said, socked in REALLY bad! Unloaded at the 3km mark then the snow starts getting deep fast, made it out of the trees up top and it was a complete white out, couldn't see more than 10 feet ahead of you, way to dangerous, waited at the cabin for about an hour and decided to just go home, so in short, snow conditions were great for this time of year, hit no rocks or stumps, weather was frickin' terrible! I go back to Revy Dec.26 for 4 days it should be awesome by that that time pending the weather. The drive from Calmar was 5 hours to Golden then another 1.5 hrs to Revy. Highway 93 (Columbia Icefields) was in poor condition the rest was really good. The new bridge is great.

How was quartz? We stopped on the way back and asked the guys who had just finished riding quartz. They said that the riding was pretty good. How was it on saturday?

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was quartz? We stopped on the way back and asked the guys who had just finished riding quartz. They said that the riding was pretty good. How was it on saturday?

Quartz snow conditions were great but the weather was terrible, i wrote a little about it in the Golden section under "Quartz Creek Sledding"

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Sun. up Boulder, unload 8-9 km up Kirkup, 3 1/2 ft. at cabin, over a ft. of powder up top. Heard they are unloading 3-4 km. up Frisby.
No grooming yet, not enough snow on the bottom trails.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great...I can't take it anymore, Ihave rooms booked for Dec 11-14 but I think the last week in November is a must..

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sun. up Boulder, unload 8-9 km up Kirkup, 3 1/2 ft. at cabin, over a ft. of powder up top. Heard they are unloading 3-4 km. up Frisby.
No grooming yet, not enough snow on the bottom trails.

Affirmative, unloaded at kilometer 3 at Frisby on Sunday.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably going weekend of the 25th, so if i wanted to go up boulder do i just head up the trail with my truck till theres snow or what?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
yes travel up the Kirkup trail, yesterday unloading at 6km. large parking area there on the right. Lots of snow in the forecast this weekend, maybe riding from the bottom if we get it good.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Talked to a buddy who rode on Mon and Tue and said the conditions in Revy/Sicamous are great for this early in the season. 2 feet of hard pack and 4 of powder in most of the trees. They did no damage to their sleds but had to be careful.
Sounds like it's gonna be a great season.

yes travel up the Kirkup trail, yesterday unloading at 6km. large parking area there on the right. Lots of snow in the forecast this weekend, maybe riding from the bottom if we get it good.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hy PowderPuff...Can you get a 4place enclosed upto km4 on kirkup.... we are heading to revy on thursday 22---ride tell 26th....if no snow on bottom can I get up with a trailer...or trucks...decks into....

Thanks.....Dragon

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hy PowderPuff...Can you get a 4place enclosed upto km4 on kirkup.... we are heading to revy on thursday 22---ride tell 26th....if no snow on bottom can I get up with a trailer...or trucks...decks into....

Thanks.....Dragon
There is a place to park a truck and trailer on the trail up Kirkup. You`ll see it on the right hand side. I think its about 5-6 kms up the trail. There are some wider spots on the trail but it would be a PITA to turn it around, if at all possible. We unload at the 7km mark with a truck and deck.

Top Bottom