Revy avy thread

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey where did it go???

You mean the one where the writer of the "report" described below came on our snowmobiling site to show us what a great investigative reporter he is? It disappeared.

Mountain Conditions Reports

Go this site....click 2009 November....go down to Nov 18, Avalanche near Revelstoke.

Here's the third paragraph:

The slide occurred on a wind loaded, N. facing slope at 1800 M. 4 sledders were “high marking”. At around 3:30 pm when they triggered what they said were 3 distinct avalanches. Perhaps the first slide stepped down and released something from earlier in the year,..?

What a bunch of crap. I'll repost what I said before: Nice to report all avalanches, but lets not paint people with a bad brush just because their not rich skiers. So when a group of skiers gets buried later in the season the report will read, "Cause: Total fluke, act of God" ?

Copy of e-mail I sent ACMG:

Please edit the report on your website regarding the details of the November 17 avalanche in Revelstoke. The description that it was caused by "highmarking" is innacurate and misleading. The facts (readily available for anyone interested in accuracy) are that the group had started to venture down a slope, deemed it unsafe and were working their way out when the avalanches were triggered.

Thank-you for your attention in this matter.

David *****
*******, AB

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats the one. The one where i posted that good ol Buck forgot to place any blame on the certified mountain guides that led seven school kids to their death back in 2003. what the heck?

bearclaw

Reaction score
guessing it was getting bashed? pretty funny how the skiers find the sled sites so quick!

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a douchebag, but if you get caught in a slide, I would suspect there's a pretty good chance that you triggered it.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iam not sure if bashing is a good reason to delete a thread. I realize the moderators have a huge responsibilty on here to keep things clean and civilized, but with out this open fourm alot of info would never come to light.For example alot of people on here would perhaps support the ACMG if they did not know the dim view of of sledders that this organization has.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a douchebag, but if you get caught in a slide, I would suspect there's a pretty good chance that you triggered it.

Its the fact that he was blaming "highmarking" was the point that was being made.

Top Bottom