Red line turbo kits

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I. Theory of Operation:
The Boondocker Control Box connects between the sled’s ECU (Electronic Control Unit) and the fuel injectors. It does
not reprogram or communicate with the ECU. It only modifies the existing signals sent from the ECU to the fuel injectors.
By modifying only these signals, it is possible to make fuel changes while keeping the stock fuel map. This means the
ECU can still compensate for engine speed, throttle position, barometric pressure, engine temperature, air temperature, etc.
The Control Box can reduce fuel or increase fuel amounts for certain rpm ranges and load conditions. This is done by
changing its fuel adjustment settings by using the buttons and LCD display. As with tuning a carburetor, it is possible to
go too rich or too lean!
Note: Be sure you know how to properly tune an engine before you adjust the fuel settings! Use of an Air/Fuel Guage and
plug readings are highly recommended when tuning.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MTNTK

"The always touchy subject of fuel control of turbochargers is being taken care of by the Bully Dog Technologies Powersports GT tuner which allows reprograming of the OEM engine computer to allow it to safely and effectively control the engine.
This is accomplished with the use of the OEM computer, wiring harness, fuel injectors and fuel pump. No permanent modifications to any factory electrical system, fuel system, or chassis allow this kit to retain OEM reliability."

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is Sliber flashing the ECU?

I think you have to send it in?

Or can you do like the evo sidewinders and use map tuner x ?

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It runs, he just wanted to yank some fuel from the sleds factory map.

Not something you can do with a piggy back box.

Runs & runs well are two very different things. At the end of the day your sled is only as good as the sleds that are in your group.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Runs & runs well are two very different things. At the end of the day your sled is only as good as the sleds that are in your group.
Oh I agree , things are moving towards having control of those secondary injectors.

I believe Redline will probably sometime in the near future have this capability.

But let's not get carried away.
They run equal to or stronger than the boost it kits.

Would be nice to have atleast one aftermarket turbo manufacturer left in alberta...............

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen guys use the boondocker box lean burn down his sled more than once using aerocharger set up. You clearly had an issue with your kit or are just very particular. He sells piles of his kits because they work and pull strong mid and top. You want to talk about garbage kits do you remember powderlites lol. Dave has poured endless time into r and d into his kits and supports guys endlessly he meets them at the hill to try and tune them. He is an engineer and has pulled more wrenches on anything that moves more than anyone I know. I would like to see this perfect ktmsf350 kit that you ride does it come with a pretty unicorn?

A Boondocker box does not melt a pistons a bad tune does. If you have a bad time any box or any flash tune can melt a piston it’s all in the tune.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MTNTK

"The always touchy subject of fuel control of turbochargers is being taken care of by the Bully Dog Technologies Powersports GT tuner which allows reprograming of the OEM engine computer to allow it to safely and effectively control the engine.
This is accomplished with the use of the OEM computer, wiring harness, fuel injectors and fuel pump. No permanent modifications to any factory electrical system, fuel system, or chassis allow this kit to retain OEM reliability."

this is not a touch subject this is by far the best way mtntk and silber are doing the same thing in the end flashing stock ecu. This is how the future is look at turbo cars no one under 1000 hp has secondary injectors it’s flash or stand along not piggy back box’s they went out in the early 90’s. 2 main advantages with flash 1 you have total control of injectors and fuel mapping. 2 you can adjust timing. With boost you should be pulling 1-2 degrees timing for a 1 psi boost. I have 2 Polaris with mtntk kits with bd flash tune both 100% pull and go both perfect mapping

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is not a touch subject this is by far the best way mtntk and silber are doing the same thing in the end flashing stock ecu. This is how the future is look at turbo cars no one under 1000 hp has secondary injectors it’s flash or stand along not piggy back box’s they went out in the early 90’s. 2 main advantages with flash 1 you have total control of injectors and fuel mapping. 2 you can adjust timing. With boost you should be pulling 1-2 degrees timing for a 1 psi boost. I have 2 Polaris with mtntk kits with bd flash tune both 100% pull and go both perfect mapping
Only so much fuel you can add through a single set of factory injectors. 850 is setup better for boost in that regards.

The early boost kits on the Yamaha's , they would replace the factory injectors with bigger ones but it made the bottom end even worse. But they needed them so the had enough fuel on the top end.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only so much fuel you can add through a single set of factory injectors. 850 is setup better for boost in that regards.

The early boost kits on the Yamaha's , they would replace the factory injectors with bigger ones but it made the bottom end even worse. But they needed them so the had enough fuel on the top end.

You are very misinformed and need to do more research into how this all works. Mtntk uses larger injectors and this is normal and common practice and proper way to do it. If fuel pressure is right and map is right then you will have zero lag or bog. Look at what everyone is doing with the LS stock intake and 1 set of injectors and go from 300 to 1000 plus hp stock motor

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are very misinformed and need to do more research into how this all works. Mtntk uses larger injectors and this is normal and common practice and proper way to do it. If fuel pressure is right and map is right then you will have zero lag or bog. Look at what everyone is doing with the LS stock intake and 1 set of injectors and go from 300 to 1000 plus hp stock motor
True if have enough pulse width to turn down the injector.

I guess your mechanical knowledge is far superior to everyone.............ever.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True if have enough pulse width to turn down the injector.

I guess your mechanical knowledge is far superior to everyone.............ever.

No not at all but you don’t even have the theorynans operation down you need to do more research into how things work

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The best running turbos for years were the mcxpress and your right early kit designs used bigger injectors that made machines run like garbage as well. I'm sure in time if controlling directly off factory injectors or being able to manipulate them makes it run smoother Dave will head in that direction. I've yet to jump on a two stroke turbo of any brand that has this flawless zero spool feel he speaks of regardless glad there is competition makes them push the envelope into making these sleds even more awesome.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We’re not talking about stupid 4 strokes here for one. Using larger injectors down NOT make it run like **** a bad tuner makes it run like **** or a box that doesn’t have full control. The at the automotive stuff stock junkyard LS and coyote engines throw a turbo on it larger injectors and HP tuners 800-1000 wheel ho all the time. My Axys with larger injectors runs stock sled clean isles good and can hit the throttle nothing to wide open as fast as you want and on and off as much as you want. 50 plus days riding the mtntk Axys not once has it ever had a bog. Even all the non turbo guys or haters in our grip say if they do a trunk it be a mtntk and they all wish mtntk made turbos for the 8****ty too

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We’re not talking about stupid 4 strokes here for one. Using larger injectors down NOT make it run like **** a bad tuner makes it run like **** or a box that doesn’t have full control. The at the automotive stuff stock junkyard LS and coyote engines throw a turbo on it larger injectors and HP tuners 800-1000 wheel ho all the time. My Axys with larger injectors runs stock sled clean isles good and can hit the throttle nothing to wide open as fast as you want and on and off as much as you want. 50 plus days riding the mtntk Axys not once has it ever had a bog. Even all the non turbo guys or haters in our grip say if they do a trunk it be a mtntk and they all wish mtntk made turbos for the 8****ty too
Umm pretty sure the coyote is a 4 stroke engine.............

Top Bottom