Red line turbo kits

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that would mean your adding boost before the secondary injectors kick in, lean condition, and you actually need to add fuel down low?

No the turbo cause ore back pressure the stock exhaust and pre spool its to rich. The G3 box cannot pull any fuel from the stock injectors. Dave told me on the phone he knows about this but not much he can do. im not the only one having this issue I know of at least 4 or 5 other sleds and all have the same issue some are worse then others.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the turbo cause ore back pressure the stock exhaust and pre spool its to rich. The G3 box cannot pull any fuel from the stock injectors. Dave told me on the phone he knows about this but not much he can do. im not the only one having this issue I know of at least 4 or 5 other sleds and all have the same issue some are worse then others.
Ah that makes sense.

So basically either the ECM needs to be cracked and hijack the stock injectors to dial them back?

How does the sliber do it vs the boondocker? I thought the boondocker had a secondary box?

I wonder if a guy couldn't put in smaller factory controlled injectors and then always have the secondary injecting something all the way from idle?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So that would mean your adding boost before the secondary injectors kick in, lean condition, and you actually need to add fuel down low?

no it's rich pre spool not lean. If it was lean that would be easy just add some fuel. Afr's were on the rich side origionally to rich at wot to so that's why he said he pulled fuel. BD box is the only one that can take fuel away pre spool on an etec so works the best

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah that makes sense.

So basically either the ECM needs to be cracked and hijack the stock injectors to dial them back?

How does the sliber do it vs the boondocker? I thought the boondocker had a secondary box?

I wonder if a guy couldn't put in smaller factory controlled injectors and then always have the secondary injecting something all the way from idle?
Hey KTM this question got buried. ^

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Older silber (known as slober) used a dobec and could not control stock and they were horrible. The Xm is properly the hardest sled to turbo it is direct injection and it is very finiky and power valve system isn’t ideal for it. The newer silber uses flash tuning with an Axys or 850 you send in your ecu and they flash it. Mtntk uses a bully dog gt same as a diesel truck basically and you flash it but this you can do at home. 50 + days on a mtntk and it never bogs it bobbles I wish they made Doo and Arctic cat kits too. Problem is the Xm ecu has not been cracked to flash(Someone needs to get Eric Brooks on this). Boondocker does it differently but is the best for the XM they use their box to modify the TPS signal which causes the factory ECU to add less fuel pre spool. If you watch videos most XM kits (some sleds are worse and some kits worse) between 5750-6250 will have a stumble but pull through it. Loading the engine first and being slower on the throttle will make this better and most guys except it and are happy to have an extra 30-50 hp so just deal. To me I’ve had to may good kits and don’t trust this on steep terrain I had it happen and got me in a jam and it wasn’t fun.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey KTM this question got buried. ^

If it was a multi port setup you could put in a smaller injector in stock place or lower stock fuel pressure then tune with secondary injectors. Problem is like I said the etec is the hardest because it’s direct injection so injector swap isn’t an option and fuel pressure is needed can’t lower it 5psi to make fuel mapping better. If you wanted to run 2 sets of secondary injectors or a larger set it may be possible to run with out the direct injection but that would need a lot of R&D and the etec isn’t made anymore so no one is going to put that time or effort in.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
368E5E5E-3656-49C1-854A-27C3E96708B7.png 368E5E5E-3656-49C1-854A-27C3E96708B7.png

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't a person add or take away fuel from stock injectors with a dyno jet power commander? is that an option?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't a person add or take away fuel from stock injectors with a dyno jet power commander? is that an option?

I do not believe Pc5 can on a etec. It can add but not take away from stock fuel trim maps. That’s what speed Werx used on the pro charges cats before the G3. The speed Werx is easy because it doesn’t have anymore back pressure then stock and the Procharger displaces more air at low rpm. I use a pc5 to write all my maps for my speed Werx pro charged Cat was easy to do just time consuming cuz you needed to use a lap top and the auto tune function was pretty ****ty had to do it all the manual way.

catmanm7

Reaction score
I may have missed it but are your problems on the 800xm or the 850?

Edit- it looks like your referring to the XM 800. I had an Impulse 800 XM and had low end bog. You could work around it but it would happen at the worst time. Never had time to have the map adjusted to see if it would clean it up. Not sure if his box is able to pull fuel on stock injectors.
Hope to hear more opinions before ordering a kit.
Not sure if the 850 kits will have the same issues as your XM.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking with Dave tonight about this, there is more to mention here than is what is mentioned, from wrong fuel being used to install.. As he stated.. There just is no way to please certain people. Spent hrs with that project that never got billed..

then take kit off and sell it to another guy and tell him it was running perfect, come on here and bitch..

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talking with Dave tonight about this, there is more to mention here than is what is mentioned, from wrong fuel being used to install.. As he stated.. There just is no way to please certain people. Spent hrs with that project that never got billed.

then take kit off and sell it to another guy and tell him it was running perfect, come on here and bitch..

wrong fuel was not used VP and furry mixed at 50:50 was used. One day it was run on AV mix (that ran good in all the other turbos) drained all Av cuz Dave said they was it but made no different. Sled went to Dave he looked at it said install was good and everything was working. In his own words that is “how it works on an etec and it will pull through it and most don’t complain about it”. He did spend time on it but in his own words it was working properly and was nothing to fix. Only thing that was changed from his bolt on kit was we cleaned up a few little things, protected lines better and added some weight when it wasn’t working right trying to loade the engine a little harder which made it a bit better. I wasn’t billed cuz he didn’t do anything but put the lap top on and say it was all working and ripped across the yard and said yup works great. I’m not impossible to please I have 3 turbo sleds that now run great. My mtntk from Chris as parkland has been 100% spot in since day one with over 50 days on it. It was sold and is a good working kit as good as redline gets. If you like to play in open areas and stuff it will work great I was even telling people from kijiji I have the feline kit for sale but also have a much better kit then that to sell too!! I told most ppl off kijiji if you ride trees this kit is not for you. It’s not only me I’ve had 2 ppl with Xm that messaged me since posting this that have the same issue, Rene has one he won’t ride cuz it’s dog ****

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, in all fairness. If your going to be marketing your products as high quality and you provide micky mouse parts ( rave valve assemblies or what have you) and your making statements like zero lag etc etc. And them cannot provide exactly that then i think KTM350 has the rite to speak up. I haven't personally owned a redline kit so i cant speak, but to me it sounds like he purchased one and put the time into trying to make it work as advertised. I have heard mixed bar reviews on redline turbos, so its hard to know whats fact and what is fiction

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave told me this is how they worked and offered to try putting resistors in the primary injectors or I could buy a different turbo that would maybe help it but not make as much power. ��������

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave isn’t a technician or a automotive engineer. Yes he’s and engineer but just talking to him as a tech my self and someone who’s done a lot with turbos and engines he doesn’t have the knowledge and background needed to support this. When I first complained he sentenced me to get the sled hooked to buds. He gave me a list of stuff to check. Some was stuff he didn’t even know what he was talking about the guys were laughing and said you bought a turbo from this guy he don’t even know what he’s talking about. I kept the list and asked 2 more techs at tech’s at dealer and they all confirmed that it was stupid some didn’t even exist and he was searching for something. These kits will just never be as good as other on an Xm it’s a low quality kit for the same price as a real kit that’s good quality

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out Of like 7 turbo kits and the speed Werx pro charger this is the only kit I’ve had that I’ve been completely unsatisfied and have removed all others were a blast and pull and go or few minor changes and good to go

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your your unhappy with that don't try out BD, impulse, or even aero.. You will be really discouraged.. Five times more low end burble

out Of like 7 turbo kits and the speed Werx pro charger this is the only kit I’ve had that I’ve been completely unsatisfied and have removed all others were a blast and pull and go or few minor changes and good to go

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your your unhappy with that don't try out BD, impulse, or even aero.. You will be really discouraged.. Five times more low end burble

Didnt ktm say he removed the redline kit and installed a BD? He also owned 10 different kits.

Im my experience with playing with 800xm turbos, alot of the hesitation (lag) ive experienced was a poor clutch setup. The 174 I played with I hated riding it in the trees it had a horrible hesitation, it was a great open bowl sled. After I was done reclutching it, it had instant throttle response off idle and did not sacrifice much top end track speed.
Other things ive learned on the 800 since if been playing with it, is non intercooled kits are hard on reeds if too much boost is crammed down it throat, and digital boost gauges are a waste of money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom