RCMP took guns from High River homes.

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will tell you all it will be a cold day in hell that i will ever leave again in a disaster. I can honestly tell everyone on here you have no idea how fuc..d up up our socienty is. You are all criminals didn't you know?

Eagle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S legaly RCMP cannot make you leave your property. I was told this from a local RCMP.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will tell you all it will be a cold day in hell that i will ever leave again in a disaster. I can honestly tell everyone on here you have no idea how fuc..d up up our socienty is. You are all criminals didn't you know?

No I realise how fuct up it is,, I was just informed by some bearded lady from god knows where, im not eligible for Alberta Health care even though Ive lived here my whole life. Wish I knew that before I busted my arm......But if I was from Rawanda they;d hook me up

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S legaly RCMP cannot make you leave your property. I was told this from a local RCMP.

That is correct. When those soldiers and RCMP came to inspect my dad's house they told him he had to leave. He told them there are two retired RCMP who live down the street. They have not left so he was not going to leave. They then said that they could not force him to leave but would like him to leave.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That is correct. When those soldiers and RCMP came to inspect my dad's house they told him he had to leave. He told them there are two retired RCMP who live down the street. They have not left so he was not going to leave. They then said that they could not force him to leave but would like him to leave.

And if the RCMP would tell it the way it is and not be on a power trip, they would get along a lot better IMHO....

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, some serious issues with decision making. Even tho' it is a dire situation, we see a much needed "revamped disaster plan" that could be implemented for such disasters. This isn't rocket science. Concerns about safety are imperative but there has to be better ways to instigate them.

Once again, the authorities are damned if they doo and damned if they don't. Tough situation and not everyone is going to be happy about certain decisions. The breaking down of locked doors, for whatever reason, doesn't seem just/right to me. Even in an emergency, there must be rules and legislation for the authorities to follow, even in a declared state of emergency.

As I see it, the difference between Calgary and High River is the fact that Nemshi has a large contingent of "paid staff" who are well trained in disaster response. No presence of RCMP because it is a city police force and under the control of a "disaster response team" with the police only being one entity of many. In High River, the poor mayor is so far out of his comfort zone and realm of expertise that it has turned into a doony-brook for the media who themselves aren't helping.

Just as I see it from my comfortable arm chair, high in the Rocky Mountains.........I really feel for all the people who have been and will be affected by this disaster in the days/weeks/months to come.

Very sage words FernieSnow. Local government with no expertise. The province should have stepped in earlier with response to disaster planning...

Very easy to be internet "arm chair" quarterbacks in this situation.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Calgary, Nenshi, Burrell and the city cops are hailed as heroes. Local peeps are helping local peeps as they all work through it. In High River the town is being treated like a crime scene. Martial law, no leadership. no communication and a heavy police presence. Volunteers are being turned away. Somewhere in the 30 miles between the 2 centers something got seriously fawked up....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Just makes me sick to hear what's going on
My neighbor is a RCMP. He's working in high river. I am gonna have to question him on this
And my uncle and cousin are cops to. When I get back home I will do some diggin and find out wtf is going on

I have some inherited firearms in my house and I would be very phucking pizzed if they went missing not to mention having my property stolen by the people who are supposed to serve an protect us!!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They think they are above the law and can do and get away with anything and everything they want. Speeding/bullying/drinking/fighting/drugs/infidelity you name it!!! Largest organized gang in the Country straight up!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In Calgary, Nenshi, Burrell and the city cops are hailed as heroes. Local peeps are helping local peeps as they all work through it. In High River the town is being treated like a crime scene. Martial law, no leadership. no communication and a heavy police presence. Volunteers are being turned away. Somewhere in the 30 miles between the 2 centers something got seriously fawked up....

Do you think is has something to doo with the water?? Year after year after year.......I would think they would have a fool proof process by now!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think is has something to doo with the water?? Year after year after year.......I would think they would have a fool proof process by now!
High River was definately hit harder than Calgary but the leadership and resources were far better IMO.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the stupid thing is people keep building closer to creeks , rivers ect.

Just asking for it to rain and flood.

That's what creeks do natural. Rise and fall.

Only thing is when Ur house is 100 feet away its at risk no matter what u do to prevent it.

Even in a lower area with a creek or river a mile away.

Waters real powerful.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
How would some of you feel if you had a family member in high level in accounted for, or were evacuated and couldn't find your pet and the RCMP didn't get into the houses to check? Or if your house had a squatter in it and the RCMP didn't find them and they stole your chit...... Then people would be bitching that the RCMP weren't doin their job also.

People need something to complain about. How about the 200 people who didn't evacuate and his out? What if they got into these houses and stole the guns?

Not saying either is right or wrong as in not directly involved or affected BUT everyone is so quick to blame and point fingers with out looking at all aspects.....

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Lol yup I'm deff in the wrong country!!! Because I can try to be open minded and look at things and think maybe.... Just maybe there wasn't malicious intent....... Very in Canadian of me !!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole High River debacle has been a mess. Both sides have made mistakes. A lot of hurt feelers..

Top Bottom