RCMP took guns from High River homes.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not really. They were doing door-to-door searches for people, if guns were in plain site, they were documented and removed to the RCMP detachment. You make it sound like they were smashing in doors of houses specifically to take guns away. Funny how some people seem to need to be outraged at the authorities all the time.

I recently bugged a couple of the young RC's up here about their pending break and enter charges (they were there) and how jail would feel (ya im an azz). They indicated that the whole thing is "kinda" blown out by media as I always believe. they indicated residents were told to leave their houses and unlocked... they brought in a tone of members because in Slave Lake fires they learned the hard way evil tends to stick around and loot... then you can't tell who's staying to defend property and who's staying to take advantage... all house were searched... i saw home made cop video on phone with boats loaded with cat and pet creates with meowing cats that people requested be saved... the story you heard about the gun collector with 80 guns? I was told member where wrapping guns in socks and whatever they could find to protect them and were later thanked for their efforts...

I don't believe my local RC's are bad or not trust worthy...they are human and msitakes happen we can't understand until we are in their shoes... i wouldn't want any of sons to be cops... ****ty pay and look at the **** they put up with from us... The RC's should do a better job in the media to talk about decisions... get it out there... thats when we will trust again...

I was in Slave Lake the night the fires broke out... mostly outta interest... then next day the 10 or so cops who lost their homes were still out trying to make sure citizen didn't get burned up when all escape routes got closed... thats seems really big to me cause i sure as hell wouldn't have gone to work knowing i just lost everything...

on a side note... i saw the first 10 houses that burnt down that night... i tried helping a fireman who just lost his fire truck to recover some tools from the lock boxes...truck burnt up after they got it stuck on the lawn.. all that was left of the homes was a foundation wall and a large blue flame from the natural gas that was still on in the center of the house... scary stuff

what slave lake taught everyone is that good and bad people choose to stay... but at night how do you know who's who... my advise if you stay...arm yourself if your not close to a police perimeter your probably on your own... this is why the brought in so many cops this time...

oh on a side note someone said earlier why did the military bring tanks... lol... they are a vehicle that can do everyting even float why not bring them... they weren't tanks they were those large 8 wheeled things yes they have a large mounted gun but common... they were there to help... don't bring our boys/girls of the military down in this mess!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The story has already changed several times now as they scramble to cover their own ..... I am sure there will be a lot more lies told before this is over. Glad to see they "HAVE" to return all the firearms. And hopefully they get ride of the idiot who was behind this.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The story has already changed several times now as they scramble to cover their own ..... I am sure there will be a lot more lies told before this is over. Glad to see they "HAVE" to return all the firearms. And hopefully they get ride of the idiot who was behind this.

they never get ride of the right ones though... some junior guys are likely to wear the chit!

Top Bottom