Random Pictures Thread

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
db868e944869f41402a919363de38b50.jpg

Wow , I asked and he said he googled how to build a garage.
371517e7188f71da19a338125997c354.jpg

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys saying that you know of some other magical way to acomplish a 10.5” rise??? Lmfao! I would love to give that thing a solid running blow and see how it stands up (or doesn’t)

some people just dont know that point in which you should call someone who knows how to help properly.

sad!

Speechless

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inspection needs to be done.
Fail Fail wow

Hire a builder or someone who knows what they are doing.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it started with a serious lack of communication with the concrete contractor.

Lots of these new skinny houses come with a pad poured in the back alley as part of the original build.

There would be no communication as the pad comes with the house. And likely it’s all built to the same shatty quality so the garage will fit right in when it’s finished.

The house is likely missing pieces of siding and shingles. Soffits and facial all just stapled through the face with no drip edge....,

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Inspection needs to be done.
Fail Fail wow

Hire a builder or someone who knows what they are doing.

Can’t assume a builder knows any better. Everything is now built at the lowest possible budget and quality is sacrificed.

And The inspection process is a joke! Most of the inspectors are now inspectors because they were shatty at their trade and lazy. They have also told me they are not able to criticize workman ship, just the code. So if that blocking is isn’t violating a code it will likely get a green sticker!

Curious, Are there more house fires in older or new homes?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor behind me in the alley was building a parking pad for a illegal basement suite. I was watching for a bit and couldn’t help myself to tell him he was making a huge mistake. He had only recessed his back fence 6’ from the property line. I told him he couldn’t park like that as half his vehicle will be in the alley. He tells me where to go and how to get there. So he gets a paving company in and paves half the back alley so he can park. So he parks there and I call the bilaw officer that this guy is blocking the alley. Sure enough a week later he’s ripping it all down. Had it all wired for block heaters too. Idiot.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idiots like this is why we wind up with so many rules and laws. Building code can be a PITA but there is always a reason for each rule. Even then, there are a few that just don't make sense.

My neighbor behind me in the alley was building a parking pad for a illegal basement suite. I was watching for a bit and couldn’t help myself to tell him he was making a huge mistake. He had only recessed his back fence 6’ from the property line. I told him he couldn’t park like that as half his vehicle will be in the alley. He tells me where to go and how to get there. So he gets a paving company in and paves half the back alley so he can park. So he parks there and I call the bilaw officer that this guy is blocking the alley. Sure enough a week later he’s ripping it all down. Had it all wired for block heaters too. Idiot.

Top Bottom