Random Acts of Kindness

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last night driving between Airdrie and Irricana there was an older gmc going just a little bit slower than me with the box full of insulation. Passed them and didn't think much of it. I was just about to go over a hill when I checked my rear view mirror. (they were about 1/4 mile behind me) and saw a big cloud of smoke. I quickly turned around while calling 911. A van had ran a stop sign, and t boned the truck. Made sure everyone was ok, got the driver and passenger out of their truck and seated in mine. Was on a long trip so I had snacks with me and offered it to them. Stuck around for a while till everything was under control. Fortunately there were no injuries.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last night driving between Airdrie and Irricana there was an older gmc going just a little bit slower than me with the box full of insulation. Passed them and didn't think much of it. I was just about to go over a hill when I checked my rear view mirror. (they were about 1/4 mile behind me) and saw a big cloud of smoke. I quickly turned around while calling 911. A van had ran a stop sign, and t boned the truck. Made sure everyone was ok, got the driver and passenger out of their truck and seated in mine. Was on a long trip so I had snacks with me and offered it to them. Stuck around for a while till everything was under control. Fortunately there were no injuries.

World needs more people like you underdog. Good on ya. :beer:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
World needs more people like you underdog. Good on ya. :beer:

To be honest, when I was turning around I was scared chitless. I hate seeing blood and guts. Seeing my own is fine, but seeing others like that I can't handle.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest, when I was turning around I was scared chitless. I hate seeing blood and guts. Seeing my own is fine, but seeing others like that I can't handle.

I hear ya there. But seriously, good on you for turning around.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your not alone, lots of people dont like or cant handle the sight of blood, but the difference is despite that feeling you went back anyway....

That right there is more of what this world needs....

There are a lot of great stories and great people on here ....heres to you....:beer::beer::beer::beer(take a taxi) :beer::beer::beer:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was first on the seen ( saw the accident happen) at an intersection in Millwoods.....the mother was pinned in the car, but the 15 year old daughter was just banged up.....I was on my cell calling 911 and running to the car and darn near hit by car that was trying to drive around the accident.....

The daughter got out of the car through her window and was wondering around, I'm trying to talk to the 911 operater, the pinned mother and hollering at the daughter to sit down.......

Told the 911 operator I need to set the phone down (she didnt want me to...) stopped the traffic, told this one gal to pick my phone and talk to the 911 gal, then I walked right in front of this lifted 4x4 and screamed at the driver to leave his truck right there with his 4-ways on and come and give me a hand....he was a 6'4" 275 lb guy that later told me he couldnt handle the sight of blood....but I wanted him to block off the intersection and then go grab the daughter and just talk to her....

The Mother appeared consious but not real responsive, I just held her hand, talked to her and kept telling her her daughter was fine, by the time the fire department got there she was unconsious, she didnt make it....

The big guy that didnt want to stop either, actually thanked me for dragging him out and making him help....

It was all difficult to handle, but I could not belive that people wouldnt stop....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was first on the seen ( saw the accident happen) at an intersection in Millwoods.....the mother was pinned in the car, but the 15 year old daughter was just banged up.....I was on my cell calling 911 and running to the car and darn near hit by car that was trying to drive around the accident.....

The daughter got out of the car through her window and was wondering around, I'm trying to talk to the 911 operater, the pinned mother and hollering at the daughter to sit down.......

Told the 911 operator I need to set the phone down (she didnt want me to...) stopped the traffic, told this one gal to pick my phone and talk to the 911 gal, then I walked right in front of this lifted 4x4 and screamed at the driver to leave his truck right there with his 4-ways on and come and give me a hand....he was a 6'4" 275 lb guy that later told me he couldnt handle the sight of blood....but I wanted him to block off the intersection and then go grab the daughter and just talk to her....

The Mother appeared consious but not real responsive, I just held her hand, talked to her and kept telling her her daughter was fine, by the time the fire department got there she was unconsious, she didnt make it....

The big guy that didnt want to stop either, actually thanked me for dragging him out and making him help....

It was all difficult to handle, but I could not belive that people wouldnt stop....

Very similar situation. People just don't help others anymore. Just seconds after I got back on scene an off duty paramedic showed up and helped out. He was the only other civilian to stop.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on way home tonight from sledding at blue lake......stopped at home for 5 mins then went over to parrents to get the kid......saw an old guy with a blown tire on his truck pulling a trailer......stopped to change it and he was going in 10 mins again........my good deed of today!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid for my friends movie ticket last night and got him drunk! :D

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the other day I was driving and came to an intersection on a secondary highway and thought it was strange that there was a guy looking in the windows of a truck parked on the shoulder. I pulled up to the stop sign ,thought about it for a second then backed up and asked if he needed a hand. Apparently he had stopped to let his dog pee and when he put the dog back in the passenger seat and he was walking around the truck the dog jumped up and hit the lock button. Keys, Phone and dog locked inside. I let him use my phone to call his wife who was half an hour away. I offered to stay and wait but he said he would be fine.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the other day I was driving and came to an intersection on a secondary highway and thought it was strange that there was a guy looking in the windows of a truck parked on the shoulder. I pulled up to the stop sign ,thought about it for a second then backed up and asked if he needed a hand. Apparently he had stopped to let his dog pee and when he put the dog back in the passenger seat and he was walking around the truck the dog jumped up and hit the lock button. Keys, Phone and dog locked inside. I let him use my phone to call his wife who was half an hour away. I offered to stay and wait but he said he would be fine.

friggen wives....:realmad::rant::rant::rant:

:d:d

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one happen to me today... a year ago the trany in my truck went so i had it fixed...this week it was acting up would not get out of 2nd gear so i had it towed back to the shop, they just called me and told me it was burned up...another $2000 im thinking...nope they put a new one in at no cost! I almost cried! what a Blessing!

Top Bottom