Quick Straps?

rowdycat

Reaction score
Myself and 2 buddies bought a set of quick straps. All 3 sets did not stick to our helmets for more than 20 miles. Does this happen to anyone else, and what did you guys use to stick it back on?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
myself and 2 buddies bought a set of quick straps, all are off the helmet after 1 ride. Does this happen to anybody else, i asssume so?

You have to use rubbing alchohol or isopropylene to really clean the helmet, and install it in at least room temperature, and then let cure.... can use slight heat gun to soften and then help cure the adhesive on the plastic pivot piece. Everyone i know has those. I actually used a couple of really small rivets on one of my helmets once, to hold the plastic tab on the helmet. I carry an extra set of quick straps just in case too!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the stick-on pads have come off? If so it's usually due to not cleaning the helmet well enough. The material used for the sticky part is very, very good stuff but you need to clean the area it's going to stick onto well, and do it indoors where it's warm.

You beat me by 1 minute Summitric, LOL.

rowdycat

Reaction score
I know my helmet was cleaned good enough, might just try some good old krazy glue now.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy glue for sure make sure they are in the right place though before you stick'em. Had many sets, and the adhesive velcro is useless, I head straight for the Glue.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mines been on for 4 years with the same origional pad. i would try heating it and sticking it again. use something to apply pressure overnight if possible

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One side came off after a few years. Cleaned helmet with alcohol wipe then used two part apoxy. That was last year. So far so good this year. Good luck!!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a matte finish and i have 2 different pads on either side. No issues at all.

98sumitt

Reaction score
Mine came off a few times but just warmed it up on the exhaust pipe and stuck it back on and hasn't come off since. Cold temps. seem to make them more brittle. My son works in a body shop and said to try windshield urethane or Norton glue but it you ever want to get it off you would have to use a grinder.

Top Bottom