Quadding in Valemount, BC

rav4blues

Reaction score
Anyone been to Valemount; usually this is sledding country but I'm curious about quad opportunities, campground, staging areas, maps etc. Cheers

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went a few years ago. Stayed at a campground that you can quad out of. It is south of valemount

Trails are good.

I talked to Curtis at VARDA he should be able to help you out also.

if I am not correct on VARDA someone will correct me..

indyguy

Reaction score
Canoe River campground. Full hookups, store on site, big sites, friendly hosts and atv from campground to Canoe Mtn or wherever you want to go. Nice campground especially if you have kids.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Awesome riding out there! Tons of fun. Plainning to be out there the next couple of weekends and on the long weekend. PS: maxwell your sleeping on the couch.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went there last Sept for some quadding, Canoe mountain was nice got up to some snow and seen some animals, other then that i will be going back only in the winter with the sled, unless you like riding dusty logging roads is about all we found.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did Vale last summer on quads. "sea to sky" trail or Canoe mountain is a must.
Curtis gave us the coordinates to the entrance. Easy trail.

Sorry about the large pict

Attachments

• IMG_3015.jpg
    IMG_3015.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 300

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tons of awesome spots to ride. it is more trail riding than mud riding which is what i like and the veiws are unreal. but some want mud but this isnt the place. chances are if your in the mud your breaking the law. but when it rains the trails do get interesting. after a dry spell it is very dusty. always a challenge trying to break through the snow all summer too!

Attachments

• 946701_10151688447113112_1175088001_n.jpg
    946701_10151688447113112_1175088001_n.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 278

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the VARDA website. They have Garmin tracks for may of the major trails, but like Kokanee800 mentioned, they are mostly logging roads. However the Ptarmigan trail is a decent length, extremely beautiful ride. We went there last year just to ride the Ptarmigan and were disappointed that avalanches made it impassible after about 2km into the trail. Maybe Curtis can verify if this trail is now accessible?

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been there many times quadding, views are good. Lots of logging roads to follow. Its all pretty easy riding, You can put on lots of miles in a day if you want to!! Head up North Thompson or Yellow Jacket creek, both long days. Or out towards Mcbride is Small river, thats a really nice ride. But if your looking for mud Vale isnt the place to be.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Valemount is Georgous trail riding, with exceptional views in all directions. If your looking to mud bog look else where, but if your want to take in some of the best scenery Canada has to offer than come on out. We are quad friendly property, check out our website. Bring your camper or leave it home and stay in the lodge or rent the entire lodge out privately. $1200 for 4-6 nights, 5 bedrooms, sleeps 18-20.

Top Bottom