Proclimb issues

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the new 800 out for first ride this weekend in McBride. Pounded the living chit out of that thing for 2 days, took it like a champ:d. Was leaking a bit of antifreeze on the first ride up to the cabin, turned out to be a bit overfilled. Good power, awsome front suspension. Engine stayed nice and cool as well as clutches which suprised me with the amount of insulation in there.

Not a big fan of the stock track, climbs great but doesn't like to brake on the steep downhills. Seat is way too slippery, might have to change that if Boss ever gets off their azz. Electronic fuel guage sucks but not much I can do there.

All in all quite happy with everything else. Like the older M chassis you have to be carefull how much rider input you give as it responds very quick. After a few good pulls it felt very natural. :eek:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the new 800 out for first ride this weekend in McBride. Pounded the living chit out of that thing for 2 days, took it like a champ:d. Was leaking a bit of antifreeze on the first ride up to the cabin, turned out to be a bit overfilled. Good power, awsome front suspension. Engine stayed nice and cool as well as clutches which suprised me with the amount of insulation in there.

Not a big fan of the stock track, climbs great but doesn't like to brake on the steep downhills. Seat is way too slippery, might have to change that if Boss ever gets off their azz. Electronic fuel guage sucks but not much I can do there.

All in all quite happy with everything else. Like the older M chassis you have to be carefull how much rider input you give as it responds very quick. After a few good pulls it felt very natural. :eek:

After talking to you in Lucielle about what your thoughts were on the Power Claw I was even happier with my decision to go with the Camo Extreme on mine. I never once had any feeling that I was lacking braking all weekend and was very happy with the way the Xtreme got up on the snow. I think the ProClimb will prove it's self to be everything it was expected to. I still need some more time to get used to mine as it is a different animal than the M Series for sure.

Reactions: oly

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out with 3 new sno-pro 8oo's and an HCR 800 this weekend. 1 Sno-Pro went down with a spark issue at around the 100 mile range on the odometer waiting to here back from the dealer for the problem. The other 3 sleds ran flawlessly. Can't wait to get out again.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I'm really lookin forward to seein wat these sleds can do.. I hated the a-arms am tall spindles wen they first released them but it grew on me lol.. Hopin to see a few perform in mcbride this comin weekend

Sent from a phone likely at work

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a small thing. Not really a big problem but where the hood intake meets up with the intake boot on the sled there is a foam strip on the hood side to make a better seal. Well someone got lazy and only pulled off part of the backing that is sticky.

That is a pic of the paper backing already off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... My iPhone can climb higher than yours! :p

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322595889.351493.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322595889.351493.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:

RickwithsilentP

Reaction score
Ya, a bud gave me a heads up on what he found on his machine, same thing on my M8 as well!
Might wanna get picker on how straight you have that seal!

Not saying,Just saying!!:)

koby50

Reaction score
Got my new M8 home a couple of weeks ago. Replaced a 2009 M8. Ripped all covers off and went through it. Intake seals also had half the foam seal tape backing still on. Able to remove and install properly. Frog skins under the air intake also loose, siliconed them up. Cut out a bunch of foam under the primary so can actually change a belt. Front bumper mount screws loose as well as a few others. Travel tarp was ripped before sled made it home from dealership. Elastic around rear bumper broke and started flapping around and tore at both sides of rear tie downs. Will be replaced on warranty
Went for first ride from Swan hills to Cabins on Goose Tower trail on Sunday. About a foot of snow. Hit first stump on the trail at mile 12, no big damage, small dent in belly pan, Skid plates still backordered (as welll as drive belts) Sled ran great. First thing you notice is steering is much easier, front suspension also nicer then previos M8. Rear suspension rides nicer. Fuel gauge is all over the map. Can't really see in the tank to see what's actually there. Put on 70 miles and didn't run out. A good break in run. Looking forward to the steep and deep.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna sound ignorant or anything like that I'm just wondering why these sleds are coming so improperly assembled? it seems from all the posts that there are pieces falling off and not fitting properly air bubbles in the oil lines just wondering whats going on cause cat is usually pretty solid what happened on these new ones?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna sound ignorant or anything like that I'm just wondering why these sleds are coming so improperly assembled? it seems from all the posts that there are pieces falling off and not fitting properly air bubbles in the oil lines just wondering whats going on cause cat is usually pretty solid what happened on these new ones?

If I were a betting man I would say that the demand for the new sleds is so great that they are pushing them out the door and not paying enough attention to details. The "hurry hurry hurry' syndrome

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this may be true! it never pays to rush stuff. I'm not trying to brand bash or anything like that but even know the demand was great for them and they may have rushed the builds a bit I do recall skidoo was the same with the summitx they had to much demand that they couldnt keep up but they didnt run into problems like this. It's just really odd that this has happened I havent heard of this many problems on a new sled. once again not trying to brand bash just wanna see what the hell is going on with these things

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this may be true! it never pays to rush stuff. I'm not trying to brand bash or anything like that but even know the demand was great for them and they may have rushed the builds a bit I do recall skidoo was the same with the summitx they had to much demand that they couldnt keep up but they didnt run into problems like this. It's just really odd that this has happened I havent heard of this many problems on a new sled. once again not trying to brand bash just wanna see what the hell is going on with these things

I shouldn't happen but it does. Put people under pressure and they tend to rush things and make mistakes. My explanation to the difference between the Ski doo and Cat is that maybe the economy may have dictated this. The US economy is in a slump and manufactures are reluctant to hire on extra staff to accommodate the peeks.
I don't know, I may be wrong but that's my slant on it. It is what it is and we have to deal with it.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw many pics of xp's helicoptered out of the backcountry when the xp came out and endless threads of polaris engines cratering over the last few years. I guess its the costs of buying the new designed sleds before they work out the kinks. I bet there are no more problems with these cats than the other brands had..I have heard lots of good from guys running the proclimbs...I will see next week when I test mine out x 2

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks dobir! I havent seen any with issues around here so thats why i'm wondering what is going on! hopefully they get this figured out soon. also another thing I wanted to ask about as I'm not a cat guy but isnt the new motor the lightweight crank motor pretty much maxed out on the factory fuel system? like on a 2011 m8 u put a can and an air intake mod and the low octane light would flash on and restrict power. on the doo u can run can y-pipe-main pipe and air box with no fuel control box i'm just wondering is the m8 motor kind of at its max until u remap the computer? if so what would you do for future improvements to the sled performance wise other than factory turboed m8? once again not wanting an argument just wanna get some more info

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also when we going to revy milton cant confirm the dates with me hahaha last i heard was be there for weds??? let me know dobir

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have a clue about your questions..haha...I am putting a can on tomorrow and hope to be good for a while till she is broke in..whatever the 15th is we will all arrive that night and see if we can find a drink or two...ride in the morning..I will likely be there by supper or a bit after...meet you in zalas lounge!!!!!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take it you are not going to revy this week coming up with dale? I will be up there on the 16 and yes I will meet you at zala's best have a jug of wisers and coke waiting on friday night!!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks dobir! I havent seen any with issues around here so thats why i'm wondering what is going on! hopefully they get this figured out soon. also another thing I wanted to ask about as I'm not a cat guy but isnt the new motor the lightweight crank motor pretty much maxed out on the factory fuel system? like on a 2011 m8 u put a can and an air intake mod and the low octane light would flash on and restrict power. on the doo u can run can y-pipe-main pipe and air box with no fuel control box i'm just wondering is the m8 motor kind of at its max until u remap the computer? if so what would you do for future improvements to the sled performance wise other than factory turboed m8? once again not wanting an argument just wanna get some more info
I dont think theyre maxed out at all. Ive got a 2010 HO which is the same as 2011&2012. Ive got a can and bdx intake and have nevr had the octane code flash, plus u can put a rkt head on or similar company which bumps it up 8hp with no controller aaaaand lol, either speedwerx or slp makes a full pipe set up that u can run with no controller as well if i remember correctly. And well its not a huge deal to run one of the controllers either. Another option is a 925 kit thatll bring u up to 190+hp on pump gas on this motor. Not 100% sure but i dont think the xp 860 or 880 kits r makin anywhere near that

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for clearing that up! I just seen so many of the 10's and 11's around the cranbrook area with can and intake that are throwing the codes so i was curious especially cause the dealer here said that they were gonna throw the codes if change anything on them except a turbo lol and no the 860 and 880 probably arent making that but then again it's a 925 to 860 or 880 lol I know a few 880's in the 180-185 range on pump but thats about all little shot a nos usually does the rest on the doos.

Top Bottom