problems with rebuilt 2009 polaris 800 rmk

tstagg

Reaction score
I just rebuilt my 2009 800 rmk with the Mt tek fix kit. now it only starts with throttle but over revs as soon as engine starts. Even with the slightest touch of throttle it will start but over revs. any suggestion or ideas would be great

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your boots on carbs one might not be on all the way or one of the rings didn't get put on right check your compression

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like our throttle cable is pulled or throttle is stuck open and your throttle safety switch is over riding it, hence why it will not start till you release the safety switch/crack the throttle flipper?
Just a thought.... hope it helps!!!!

tstagg

Reaction score
Throttle cable was out of the track on the throttle body. Fixed it. Now sled starts and idles fine. Hopefully get to take it out this weekend. Now let's see how good this fix kit is. Hopefully get more than 1000 miles out of it

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, its always nice when its just a smaller problem like that. If you let that thing warm up properly you shouldn't have any problem with that kit, i ran it in my 09 assault that last 3 season's i had that sled. Never had any problems. good luck.

Top Bottom