Premium or regular in my outty???

dieselboy

Reaction score
hey guys just wonderin what i should run in my can-am, regular would be nice (cost lol) its stock with a k&n, but im thinking of getting a hmf pipe and optimizer,

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Run Prem.....I find my sled and quad run better on prem last few tanks have been reg and "in my mind" I do notice a difference

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran premium for the break-in period on my gade, but otherwise I run regular. I'm fairly sure even the owners manual says to run regular (which is rare, because most new machines would recommend premium).

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run Prem.....I find my sled and quad run better on prem last few tanks have been reg and "in my mind" I do notice a difference

Murminator... :confused::confused: is the difference in "your mind" or the performance of your toys??? :d:d:d Just giving you a hard time! :d LOL I must be bored to stoop to this level. :rolleyes:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Murminator... :confused::confused: is the difference in "your mind" or the performance of your toys??? :d:d:d Just giving you a hard time! :d LOL I must be bored to stoop to this level. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm I not sure you know how when your truck is muddy it feels like crap....but when you wash and clean it seems to drive better and smotther....same feeling :d

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Premium if its a 2 stroke..........Regular if its a 4 stroke,Follow this simple formula and you will win a prize LOL!
catmando!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your owners manual. i know my popo maual recommends i use regular. i have read alot of discussions about this topic and the conclusion slways was that running premium made no difference.

Qub3d

Reaction score
I had been running premium in all my vehicles / toys up until the price of it went over 1.20/L. I still run premium in my quad though and will continue to do so I think. I sure can notice a difference in my Accord and Oldsmobile when regular fuel is put in. Depends on where I get the fuel that makes a difference as well. I only usually try to go to 1 gas station which isn't close to my house at all. The difference in power and throttle response is very noticeable if I go anywhere else.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i drive alot and what i have found that with stock system in my truck that mid grade works better. you will notice an increase in economy and power, it isnt huge (for me it was about 100km/tank) but it pays for itself in milage verses cost. as well the motor runs better etc... meaning less maintenence. as for the quad i run mid too. it has a bit better performance, and i need as much as i can get with my slow honda. on my 700xx i have to run premium, mid pings. and all i use is shell. i have found they have the most consitent fuel quality. i have run other brands of gas and i dont vary my driving style but my mileage would vary quite a bit. and then i would always seem to find a bad batch here and there that would really mess with my mileage.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Premium Vs Regular = no differnce in power gas vs gas.

That being said higher compression engines will get more power out of Premium gas because it has more octaine and slows the burn rate which caused a timing change. High compression engines will ping / knock on lower grade gas because there is no where for the explosion to go so quickly. thus having more octaine gives a slightly slower more controled explosion which lets the higher compression pistion do what its suposed to do(which is use more of the energy from the explosion its given).

the actual energy in the gas does not change how ever, and octaine does not give more energy to the gas explosion

if your running say 11:1 or 12:1 compression in your bike id say go with Premium so that engine can get the most out of its higher compression pistion.

if your engine is like 9:1 then just run reg it should actually run better on reg tbh.

now keep in mind there is shitty gas out there. that will never change. so fill up at a good pump station if you care about performance that is.

ive noticed alot of water out of my gas from say like extrafoods for example vs Shell.

hope that helps you.

Top Bottom