POO VS DOO rassmussen's take....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll wait and see if it's a fad like track porting or track flex.
Guess I'll wait until a buddy buys one cause it won't be me. I personally think Skidoo needs this just to make their sled work properly. I've ridden an XP and it was a beotch to side hill compared to my outdated 900.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll wait and see if it's a fad like track porting or track flex.
Guess I'll wait until a buddy buys one cause it won't be me. I personally think Skidoo needs this just to make their sled work properly. I've ridden an XP and it was a beotch to side hill compared to my outdated 900.

With very fibre in my body I'm.........trying...........not ................to..........:lalala:

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
I will be very interested to see how the XM works out in terms of durability and handling. I will try an XM at some point this year. But I have no trouble winging around a ZX, much less any 'new' technology...

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it is a rubber track...If anything, a stiffer track edge on an ol' skool sled will wreak more havoc on the driveshaft when sidehilling.

As for all those people who can't ride and sidehill an older XP..... I thought you were all claiming to be a higher level of riders??

Track will still twist between the two, wonder if this will be hard on the drive shaft bearings? Not a slam just wondering, might be something to watch out for?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With very fibre in my body I'm.........trying...........not ................to..........:lalala:

You can doo it.
Honestly, I think the stock riser on doos are too tall for me. I have a 2 inch riser on my sled and I'm used to it.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it is a rubber track...If anything, a stiffer track edge on an ol' skool sled will wreak more havoc on the driveshaft when sidehilling.

As for all those people who can't ride and sidehill an older XP..... I thought you were all claiming to be a higher level of riders??

Sorry not buying that train of thought, the track rods will keep the track straight while the skid is twisting it between the skid and drive shaft. Probably not an issue either way, us higher level riders don't like to work harder than we need to!!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still just rubber between the rods. you are grasping at straws. Unless you think the rods are connected to each other.

Sorry not buying that train of thought, the track rods will keep the track straight while the skid is twisting it between the skid and drive shaft. Probably not an issue either way, us higher level riders don't like to work harder than we need to!!!

nutma6

Reaction score
wouldnt the tmotion make it harder for a new rider to recover on a side hill because once they loose balance the sled will roll to the downside and make it twice as hard to pull back over?
ive only been sledding for a couple years but i still loose my balance on a side hill quite often. or does everyone think that since you have tmotion you will never loose your balance and run into this problem?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a stupid gimmick joke the t motion is. I for one cannot wait to laugh in the face of all the jacked up high on themselves doo riders when this system fails. Keep bragging softy if it makes you feel so much superior at sledding then everyone not on SKIDOO.
Welcome to the site! Great first post....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just can't wait until all the non-believers try the XM out. Until then it's like nailing jello to a tree.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldnt the tmotion make it harder for a new rider to recover on a side hill because once they loose balance the sled will roll to the downside and make it twice as hard to pull back over?
ive only been sledding for a couple years but i still loose my balance on a side hill quite often. or does everyone think that since you have tmotion you will never loose your balance and run into this problem?

I have a riding buddy that has ridden forever, been sponsored, won lots of events, too sum it up a very experienced rider who is currently jumping between an RT and a turbo Yammy, and he still falls off his chicks Cat everytime he rides it because of how easy it is to lay over compared to his other sleds. Basically, I think once you get used to a machine, you learn how it rides. I could sidehill my REV with the 42" stance, but it wasn't easy or near as controllable as my buddies Pro or another buddies HCR even.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The advantage you will have with the t motion is in a downhill off camber situation where you need to "right the sled" to be on a side hill position.

Pffffffffft, who needs the T-motion to perform this maneuver, just spend $800+ for the Rasmussen Clinic........Rider input(wrong foot forward), counter steer , and throttle control. According to him that was his secret according to the pre-ride evening lecture..........oops, I let his secret out of the bag. I still can't believe I paid money to listen to that crap.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
starting to wonder about our pro rider myself, a comment like that is somewhat funny thou

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track will still twist between the two, wonder if this will be hard on the drive shaft bearings? Not a slam just wondering, might be something to watch out for?

As opposed to the track wrapping 180 degrees around the drivers, being in constant tension, and spinning at 50 mph? LOL :D There is flex in the track edge at the rear idlers when u r sidehilling/cornering and its not any harder on the bearings. The T-motion is hard mounted at the front of the skid on the bottom of the front control arms, its only the rear/rear joint that flexes (see picture), so at best, probably the last half of the track? The "flex" of the rear shouldn't be impacting the drivers etc that much.

Personally I think there is too much emphasis being put on the flex of the T-motion. I think the overall design of the suspension is just better, there is better coupling between the front and rear and this is what is contributing to a ride increase, not the fact that it flexes 7 degrees (and only in the rear joint). There might be a slight sidehilling advantage, but I don't think its what makes this sled THAT much easier to ride, I think the overall package is just better.

Keep in mind that when Doo created the rider forward chassis, there was a huge revolution in rear suspension technology. The front and rear arm coupling had to be changed and the front arm had to be designed to carry more of the load as the rider weight was now more "mass central/neutral" in the sled. This then required huge changes in spring rates, damping, etc dramatically. That change in design is still going through refinements and I think the latest R motion and T motion skids are starting to work out the flaws and characteristics of the early designs. I also think Polaris found a good balance point with the Pro (why it is so easy to ride) and Doo's geometry is similar, but they also needed a "feature" over the competition.

With the bugs worked out of the rear suspension, they needed to work on the transfer between front and rear suspension packages. I think they have had better success with the ability to work this transfer and balance point, which to me is where an increase in sidehilling will be noticed. Once you get the track spinning to sidehill its about where the track contacts the snow and how the sled balances on the track at that transfer point.

Just a simple man's opinion.

Attachments

• t-motion.jpg
    t-motion.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 188

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this is as much of a gimmick as glue polaris sleds together is,but O wait that seem to work out great,but i doo remember people laughing about that too.:ignore:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this is great innovation, do a little reading, multiple riders ran the xm over 2000km last season under hard conditions and subject to major abuse by pro riders without failure, it's innovation like this and the poo belt drive that just pushes the sport further ahead, brand bash all you want, I don't like the doo's in the least bit, still going to try out an xm before I flap off about it, maybe these two innovations will push cat to step up a bit and push to the forefront, maybe it won't, either way I think it's pretty cool, mind you we're all stupid and idiotic because if we weren't we'd just drop heaps of cash on old iron like s mods and wedges, heard the king cat chassis is pretty rider forward and maneuverable too

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think we will see t-motion revisions in the next few years. the front arm is split so the rails can move independantly. you cant actually see it thats why most assume its a gimick. it is not.

in new revisions i think(would like) to see a new front arm with a heim joint similar to the rear arm. the get the maximum flex.

Modman, if this statement is true (red) then the track will be twisting some as the rails move independantly from each other. Will it cause a problem? who knows, time will tell.

Top Bottom