POO VS DOO rassmussen's take....

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that was fifteen minutes of my life of reading I will never get back! Did Brett ever say anything back on his comments. I am sure he was just trying to be politically correct and not meant anything to go like this. C u on the mountain looking like a PRO on a DOO.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I'll chime in here! Both sleds the XM and the Polaris RMK are great sleds and are making riding easier for people and that is a great thing period. I have had and ridden the 2011 Freeride and Summit X and 2012 Freeride and Summit x over the last two years totalling 11,000km on those machines. The xp as most riders know who ride them are easy to ride and enjoyable to ride and with the E-tech engine well above any other brand in hp, linear power and fuel and oil mileage. I rode an XM last season(3000km) and the XM even though it looks the same is a totally different sled. In the past if a Pro or Artic Cat rider hoped on your xp, they had a hard time tipping it over, likewise you probably got on their sled and countered steered and before you know it you were on your side like a beginner. The Pro and Artic Cat tip way easier forsure which makes them easier to side hill more so than an xp. Of course when you ride an xp for a while and learn the initial pull it takes to get it over then it is not problem.

The xm sidehills like the new polaris, I have spent only limited time on an RMK however guys who I know who have ridden both extensively say the xm rides easier. Of course what I am excited about mostly this season is people actually getting their xm's and seeing this after riding it more than a demo ride.

In my opinion and what I like about the xp/xm is that they ride like a dirt bike or a mountain bike. The steering works the same. What I do not like about the Polaris is the disconnect between what you do at the handle bars and what the skis doo, this is not a problem it is just to me it feel disconnected. Most of the riders out there don't care how their sled sidehills only that it does and those people love the rmk. There is nothing wrong with that as counter steering is a learned art and all you need to learn is to initiate and then learn how much right and left to give it to have it in the sweet spot.

What I love about the xm is that it still steers like a dirt bike but way easier to initiate and balance, if most polaris owners were honest they would love the e-tec in their polaris, well that is what the new xm is. But like someone said here both are great machines so pick your favourite and ride and have fun! Also the rmk created more sales in one section of the market in one area. It will be interesting to see how the xm fairs after this season.

When I saw the xm in december of 2011 I said people are going to be mad cause it does not look different
In January I rode the first mule and was blown away
In february when we released it everyone did say bold new graphics
After the demos people started to see how awesome it was and different and agreed that it was way easier to ride
I fell in love with my xm more and more and never rode my summit x or freeride 2012 again that season
Ski-Doo had the largest spring check ever on xm's

and now we wait....I predict some awfully smiling faces out there...and a lot of people buying who say they will wait for 2014....should be fun

Hope everyone gets out and rides and has a blast and has a safe season no matter what brand is beneath your legs. dave

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Holy S**T you guys are beating the hell out of High Velocity. I totally agree with the point he was trying to drive through to the Doo crew. I cant stand the way the XP felt to ME either, every year I try it again with the same result. However, some of my buddy's love them. I currently ride a Pro, came from a cat, before that a Nytro etc. I buy a new one every year, I'm what I like to call a brand whore. Lol. I dont care what stickers are on my sled, I care about how it feels to me when I ride it. I still own the cat and will most likely buy another new one this year.............. After I ride the XM it might be that one. The point is, who cares who's on top over the last 10 years??? I'm not brand loyal, I'm mountian loyal. I will show up every year on what ever I'm riding. I like the bashing when it's all in fun. But you guys who "bleed doo" are just a little over the top.

Cheers,

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
norona, great write up ! As I've stated, I look forward to riding an XM. thebigm, they're not beating the crap out of me. This is just fun banter that we've done on this forum for a few seasons. I still think most of the Doo boys are nuts though.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a riding buddy that has ridden forever, been sponsored, won lots of events, too sum it up a very experienced rider who is currently jumping between an RT and a turbo Yammy, and he still falls off his chicks Cat everytime he rides it because of how easy it is to lay over compared to his other sleds. Basically, I think once you get used to a machine, you learn how it rides. I could sidehill my REV with the 42" stance, but it wasn't easy or near as controllable as my buddies Pro or another buddies HCR even.
And I thought it was just me having this issue. So how does KB fare when she rides the Yammy?:eyebrows:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best selling sleds:

2010: M8
2011: Pro RMK
2012: Pro RMK
my prediction 2013: XM

I get a crack out of the doo faithful that are too blind to admit that the pro rmk is the sled to beat, but hey the XM might be the sled for that. We'll see how they doo over the next few months on the snow! I take all the spring time reports with a grain of salt because most of the riders we're doo guys on the test ride, so this is the sled they are comfortable on and have strong "feelings" for. If XM proves to be the sled they say it is I'll probably be ridding a 2014 doo cause I sure ain't brand loyal.

As many have said, innovation is a great thing, I can't believe how quick sleds have evolved in the last 10 years and I can't imagine where they are going!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best selling sleds:

2010: M8
2011: Pro RMK
2012: Pro RMK
my prediction 2013: XM

I get a crack out of the doo faithful that are too blind to admit that the pro rmk is the sled to beat, but hey the XM might be the sled for that. We'll see how they doo over the next few months on the snow! I take all the spring time reports with a grain of salt because most of the riders we're doo guys on the test ride, so this is the sled they are comfortable on and have strong "feelings" for. If XM proves to be the sled they say it is I'll probably be ridding a 2014 doo cause I sure ain't brand loyal.

As many have said, innovation is a great thing, I can't believe how quick sleds have evolved in the last 10 years and I can't imagine where they are going!

sled to beat at what? weight? yes correct. that is where it ends.

Top Bottom