Polaris turbo with PCV PTI Powderlites turbo

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah not to bash, but any feedback I have ever heard on the powderlites 4 stroke kits is horrible. Arent turboed 2 strokes supposed to be even tougher to tune? Way too many good kits out there to take a chance IMHO.

gmustangt

Reaction score
haha jeeze sorry to disappoint the experts on this one, this is my clip and machine, the whole point of the video is to show the response when in and out of the thottle... you can hear it build boost everytime i flip it.

Everyone and there dog can tune these things in at WOT , there 500 videos on you tube of that... ill get some videos of WOT, because that really shows a lot :S...

Ive had other turbos in the past and been around lots of others aswell, and this is by far the best setup yet.

Any questions let me know ill be more than happy to answer!

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How does the cold air intake work? Is it like Silber , Boondocker or something diffrent?

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes similar to the silber, drawing air from the stock plenum.

That way when the snow melts and your done with the sled, you can remove the sewer hose that they use for the intake and hook it up to the RV and drain your sewage. So that's one bonus to the kit.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the idea very stealth looking.
The rough flex hose and the plenum looks like it would have alot of turbulence in the hose and restriction thru the single stock intake.

gmustangt

Reaction score
It's a good cost effective design..
i wouldn't be worried about he turbulence.
My plenum is gutted with added intake so lots to draw from.
works great

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 13 Silber kits have changed to a smooth silicone tube. So are Powderlites going after the entry level market?

gmustangt

Reaction score
The 13 Silber kits have changed to a smooth silicone tube. So are Powderlites going after the entry level market?
No this is above an entry level kit, if it made a guy sleep at night he could put an aluminum intake pipe on there...
the inside of the hose is much smoother than the outside... I would be more worried about the backpressure and turbulence post turbo on some of the kits out there.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you riding this sled next? I'd love to compare it to my pro, we can't just rely on a shitty video and you saying this kits is awesome. That's not gonna work for anybody, especially when it has powderlites name on it.
Ill be out all next weekend again so let me know if you wanna come out.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh by the way... How is David? I haven't seen him since he sold my buddy a nytro turbo kit 4 years ago and it wouldn't run to load it into trailer after paying for a RB3.
But he got it running 2 days later when we had to go home.
That's service

gmustangt

Reaction score
Dont know much about the rb3 or nytros so cant comment on that side of things, but thats not what you want to hear.

Id love to compare side by side apples to apples. Unfortuantly i cant drop my life to work around your guys schedule. With work,school,family etc... i get oen day a week to ride and just head up to the local hills, no big trips in my schedule.

400 miles on the proto so far and ive been happy. some more clips.

Feb 2, 2013 2 - YouTube

Feb 2, 2013 - YouTube

dlux

Reaction score
sounds like its working but holy that guy can pump the throttle, your gona wear out the pin in the flipper! LOL

Top Bottom