Planning a fishing trip

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neep help planning a west coast fishing trip for my son and I. sometime this year we would like to go so help me out on the charters. Who's been and the experiences
3 days would be great.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neep help planning a west coast fishing trip for my son and I. sometime this year we would like to go so help me out on the charters. Who's been and the experiences
3 days would be great.
Lochie with tofino fish guides is amazing. Tofino is getting pretty crazy, but that is the best fishing trip I've ever been on. We usually go out every second year. Tried port hardy this year and it wasn't great. Prince Rupert has been amazing for us, but definitely a long drive, and not as enjoyable as the island. It's more about the fishing

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1st class or something reasonable? ie how much $$ do you want to spend. Some very expensive but guaranteed options, but lots of other reasonable options as well.
wanna keep it witin reasonable amount of $$$. we really dont need a top 5 star package that caters to the rich and famous.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wanna keep it witin reasonable amount of $$$. we really dont need a top 5 star package that caters to the rich and famous.
I would suggest Ucluelet in late July or early August. Cheaper than Tofino and the same fishing grounds. Lots of great guides in the area. We usually go there every year but have recently been switching it up with River's Inlet, North of Vancouver Island. Generally, bigger Chinook come later in the summer.

Sooke is another pretty good spot with lots of hotels and close to Victoria.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have went many times all over the west coast. If your looking for a excellent guide that will catch you fish and allow you to have fun Hookin ain't easy is awesome. Derek has a nice boat, lots of gear and has been doing it for years. He is as reasonable PricEd as anyone else. He is in prince Rupert. Travel back to town every night.

H-D

Reaction score
Sooke is a great place to pick up a charter. Lots of choices for boat size, cost and places to stay. Quick and easy to fly thru Victoria.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was thinking just incase one day was bad weather or fishing
For day trips rupert is the place to be, going to run you about $1500/day. For the lodge style charts you will have to look around for what you want based on price/luxury etc

Keep in mind, on day trips if you book for 3 days and get weathered out you only pay for what you use for lodges depending on the luxury your paying regardless.

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serangetti charters. Don't know about prices, but haven't heard a bad word about them, and they arch fish constant.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why 3 days? Only a 2 day possession limit
Only if you limit out each day. It happens but with coho being hatchery only, plus options for ling or rockfish, pretty sure you will be out all 3 days....

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been to both the island fir 4 years and prince Rupert again 4 years and prince Rupert is by far better fishing.
This has been my experience.
We always go for 3 days.
We use PRRV in Prince Rupert. They have 3 boats plus own the campground.
We went with northern bounty in prince Rupert the first 2 year but didn't like the owner or boats they used.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20210726_154410_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210726_205915.jpg

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy with a 22' hewes in campell river that does private charters
stay wherever ya want and he just takes care of the boat and gear
pretty reasonable rates
he stays at april point for the whole summer and painters lodge is right there too

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be interested to know what charter rates are now with the HUGE increase in fuel prices

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are paying $1350 a day.
Also the Edmonton boat and sport man show is on Mar 17 lots of charters companys were there pre covid

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serangetti charters. Don't know about prices, but haven't heard a bad word about them, and they arch fish constant.
Just contacted these guys. Seems to be good people. Will check but he thinks it's booked right into 2023.

Top Bottom