Possible new flight services being offered to and from Valemount

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like share some exciting developments from one of our newest Premier Sponsors.

Code Project Enterprise Ltd has been working on to make flights to Valemount from Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver possible potentially starting in mid 2024.
The planned flights would have 240 passengers per week capacity and would include a Mount Robson scenic fly-by.

This is a pretty cool service and we are happy to welcome them and help them out. You can check out there website by visiting robsonvalleyprops.ca

Please take a few moments and complete a short survey which will help them guide the feasibility and customization of their proposed services!

Please share this with anyone who may be interested.

Feel free to contact David at davidb@robsonvalleyprops.ca for much more detail.

The sky is the limit!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cost of living through the roof, seasons getting worse and worse and people think a $1000+pp return flight every trip is gonna be awesome? No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be convenient especially for people with properties there, if prices are reasonable. Would be even more convient for skiers for once dreamed of or long awaited Valemount Glacier Destinations ski resort,
https://www.therockymountaingoat.co...continues-for-valemount-glacier-destinations/

Lol that dream needs to be officially killed. While it would be great for my family's land value its holding current housing pricing to high and not allowing new investment.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it would have to be 400$ or less for it to be feasible return.

It will be like any small town flight….. super expensive…… and not overly convenient, I can fly from Whitecourt to grande prairie for about a $1000 return, select days only, or I can drive for 25 liters of diesel each way. More of a thing for people with f#ck you money that are coming heli skiing or heading sledding with clients on a guided tour all riding rental sleds. Will not be a feasible option for regular sledders I’m thinking.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be like any small town flight….. super expensive…… and not overly convenient, I can fly from Whitecourt to grande prairie for about a $1000 return, select days only, or I can drive for 25 liters of diesel each way. More of a thing for people with f#ck you money that are coming heli skiing or heading sledding with clients on a guided tour all riding rental sleds. Will not be a feasible option for regular sledders I’m thinking.

Guys with phuk you money have planes or choppers. One of my bosses buddies has a Gulfstream, a pilot, and can fly it himself. Have gone on a few business trips with him. That's the way to travel I'll tell you what.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
My pilot friends always say “ if you have time to spare go by air” Weather in the mountains is very unpredictable and reaching your destination or leaving from where you are isn’t always possible and can hold you up for days if not weeks. A few trips from springbank to Seymour arm with my buddy ended in us landing and spending some time sitting in an uncomfortable chopper waiting on weather. Once we landed right behind the dead man’s flat husky. Another time in a field by the golden scales and once on an island on the ilcilewat river about 10km outside revy. We did land at the old skyline truck stop once for burgers though. I miss flying, lost my friend to a crash outside Kinley Saskatchewan many years ago now.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My pilot friends always say “ if you have time to spare go by air” Weather in the mountains is very unpredictable and reaching your destination or leaving from where you are isn’t always possible and can hold you up for days if not weeks. A few trips from springbank to Seymour arm with my buddy ended in us landing and spending some time sitting in an uncomfortable chopper waiting on weather. Once we landed right behind the dead man’s flat husky. Another time in a field by the golden scales and once on an island on the ilcilewat river about 10km outside revy. We did land at the old skyline truck stop once for burgers though. I miss flying, lost my friend to a crash outside Kinley Saskatchewan many years ago now.

CMH heliski paid for an RNAV GPS approach to be approved by transport canada about 10 years ago. With some of the more modern aircraft you can land in valemount with only being able to see about 100ft in front of your face.

They have never had a delayed Heli charter flight since then.

My yard is directly in the flight path ive seen some big planes takeoff in very questionable conditions lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that being said here is a 20 passenger in the weeds in blue river. Didn't call ahead to make sure the runway was plowed

a12p0034-photo-01.png

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This going to happen? There a few things that were supposed to happen in vale that didn’t seem to happen. Like where’s that ski hill that was going to be getting built? Hopefully for the local economy this does

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This going to happen? There a few things that were supposed to happen in vale that didn’t seem to happen. Like where’s that ski hill that was going to be getting built? Hopefully for the local economy this does

Never been to Valemount in the winter…

But, after seeing what’s happened to all the other sledding areas I have frequented in the last 30 years (Fernie, Golden, Revy) I wouldn’t wish a ski hill development on any decent sled town…

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is different.
Oberto Oberti is behind this after his failed attempt at Jumbo. I don't see its outlook doing any better. He doesn't have money - just pipe dreams.
https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/snow-sports/man-behind-mountains/

MW also toyed with the idea of a few runs and a private lift for day they cannot fly.

Scary thing about owning a place like they will sell is if the resort goes belly up everyone lsoes their condos. Happened to my uncle in the 80s at silverstar

Top Bottom