phone scammers

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may work for homeowner, business world not so much. also why, when you try contacting anyone you get voice mail, then a call back.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so for the last week or so , have been getting the SIN card international scam calls, i may be wanted?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
today was the old we are billing you for computer service repair, $19.95, dial 1 if you accept, dial 1 if you don't want .

hang up was easier.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
today was the old we are billing you for computer service repair, $19.95, dial 1 if you accept, dial 1 if you don't want .

hang up was easier.

That was me calling you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was that the one, saying i may have bad beer and that they were sending someone over to take it to get tested.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a call from "Jonathan" from "Windows" the other day to fix my computer. Heavily accented of course. Kept him on the phone for 45 minutes before I finally said "I don't understand why this isn't working Mostafa". The inconsiderate prick hung up on me! Kinda spoiled my fun.

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 888 number come up today, answered and the computer voice was speaking in Chinese or something.... laughed and click.

Last edited:

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s our corrupt phone companies selling our numbers, years ago I had a fax line hooked up, in the first 2 minutes of it being operational there was a scammer calling it.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get a lot of them but my favorite is when they call and say my SSN is going to go inactive or expire if I don't pay the fine.

I told them that was fantastic, it will save me so much on taxes that they should expedite the process. they didn't like that very much.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually get the ones about how I owe Revenue Canada, or my electric bill is overdue.

The other day though was how my pickup truck would soon be repossessed for late payments....it isn't financed.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're getting calls late at night set up Do not disturb on iPhone. There is also a option to send any number that is not a contact straight to your voicemail. I'd also recommend blocking any number that is a scam if you accidentally answer it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do enjoy wasting there time when they call,,,,Ask for a name and callback number. They usually hang up on me.

Top Bottom