phone scammers

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do these losers get our cell #s when there isn't a phone book or registry for our cell number? Getting tired of their BS scams and wasting my time.

Reactions: RXN

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you use Facebook??
Companies sell your personal info to these scum bags. Your info is not as secure as you think.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that I do! fu$%ers!!!!!! My wife got a call the other day at her biz claiming they were BC Hydro and they are coming over to lock her biz up if she didn't pay the overdue invoice (which was not the case) and to immediately go and buy prepaid cards to pay it off. She hung up then they called back with threats. What a POS!

Do you use it (the facebook) on your phone?

That's all it would take, they already have your # if you do

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder if they sometimes get a number from supplied info when you buy new vehicles, ATV's, etc.... Got calls forever, from some really stupid people, trying to sell extended warranties. Toyota Tundras were the worst offenders. I'm thinking the motel/tourist industry is to blame as well. Just my guesses.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so thats all it takes eh! traitor! I was going to invite you for a beer this weekend at the lake but rethinking that now! LOL

They offered me a 6 pack and I tried to resist but they upped it to an 8 pack and I caved, sorry buddy

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i got my first sin number scam call this am. 956-275-9943 recorded message to call number to clear it up,

beware new take on old scam! just hang up!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have been getting a lot of the old visa/mastercard scam of fraudulent purchases. keep an eye on older relatives falling for this crap,

Christmas time is here.

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime I buy parts at Chevy or dodge dealer they ask me for my name, address, etc and are pissed when I reply, "my name is Cash & you don't need my info, now sell me the parts!"
Another data sale that got me is after I bought a house, I wanted all pictures off online real estate sites but to do that you have to go online and claim the pictures which means entering your info and boom endless spam calls.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have Telus you can enable their Call Control feature for your home phone. It actually is working pretty damn good. All of the carriers are supposed to come up with something to help their customers limit the calls from scammers. I hope it is soon required of the cell phone carriers as well. See linky:

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/article/call-control-explained

Top Bottom