Passing on the trail?

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good topic ... Not being aware of what or who is behind you is plain irresponsible. Blowing by someone that isn't yielding to should only be done after you have fallowed someone for a few minutes.
I generally have time to wait till they let me by, but some people just don't get that there is other users on the trail. Then when its safe to do so, I just blow on by, trying not to pepper them with ice and snow.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Jeff Braap Woginowski

Reaction score
Good topic ... Not being aware of what or who is behind you is plain irresponsible. Blowing by someone that isn't yielding to should only be done after you have fallowed someone for a few minutes.
I generally have time to wait till they let me by, but some people just don't get that there is other users on the trail. Then when its safe to do so, I just blow on by, trying not to pepper them with ice and snow.

Yes this is the thing I really hope I'm not peppering people.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost always when conditions permit....sometimes that is not even safe. ch!t like this happens quick....watch closely, comes from the right. I almost biffed it good....fast forward to 1:0

I remember watchin that a while ago, makes the ol heart pitter patter huh!!!

Remember Russell Williams? He split a doe in half yrs ago on his FJ at 200i+sh kmh.........PURE LUCK he servived that one

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
YouTube
I like the Robby Gordon approach little bump to let them know a faster rider is there and then take them for a ride!
Just kidding. Passing is the only place a loud pipe help. Unfortunately I like to be quiet so no one hears me coming. i put a ski in on the inside so they know I am there and then smoothly book off trying to keep the roost down.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember watchin that a while ago, makes the ol heart pitter patter huh!!!

Remember Russell Williams? He split a doe in half yrs ago on his FJ at 200i+sh kmh.........PURE LUCK he servived that one
yep, right at the top of dunvegan, he was lucky all he did was bust his hip or femur. I think it was a VFR 1000 honda

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comming down Allen creek trail this past weekend I caught up to a group of 5 and 4 of them were riding side by side going so slow, and the Guy at the back turned around and seen me on his azz, so he decided to not move over or anything but to just fawking gun it off and on just to pelt me with ice chunks, I finally got a chance to pass on a straight away by almost touching their ski tips cause they didn't know how move over. Some people need to learn to ride a trail

Sent from a iPhone

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed groups should be riding single file OR be checking their 6 extremely often if they are not.
My sled is pretty quiet so no one hears me. The sled I'm passing to me has 100% right of way until I get up beside them. A fast pass is irresponsible! Yes they should shoulder check but I'm not going to trust that they will. I will follow them for a bit to see their habits. Are they a straight shooter or are they looking for the little bit of fresh powder on the side of the trial and is going back and forth. If they never look back and see me I will pick a safe spot and get up beside them leaving them as much room as possible. I will signal more are behind me. Thumb out with fist motioning/pointing behind.

Usually Katie is in front of me so I can keep an eye on her. I very frequently check my 6. If I see someone coming I will motion them to keep it slow by making a patting the ground gesture and give them room. This is in hopes they wont zoom my daughter and will pass with care.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i pull up relatively close...then i actually slow down and keep some room so as not to alarm when they do turn around. then i usually ride behind them for 1 km or so and get a feel for how they are riding. some guys are all over the place and i dont feel like getting side swiped and some guys stay to the correct side all the way. i dont beleive in giving "braps" because thats what destroys the trail. so i just wait until theres a good straight stretch and motor past.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I will burp the throttle when behind someone.
I wouldn't cover a guy with chunks of snow unless he seen me coming. Could be a new rider and they panic and crash into me or get hurt. That's not fun.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watch to see how they are riding, nothing pisses me off more than someone riding slow and not looking behind and doesn't move over for faster riders.

Top Bottom