Passing on the trail?

Jeff Braap Woginowski

Reaction score
Hi I am just wondering what and how is the right way to pass on the trail. Yes I'm the guy that likes to fly down the trail. But I don't want to piss people off doing so. Suggestions?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted a thread with the proper signals for oncoming. I pass as well on trails. When I do I mach their speed and sit tight to them, constantly blipping the throttle trying to get their attention. Then first safe chance I pass them. But not blow by. Not sure if it pissed others off but that's how I get past. When others are passing me, I slow and give them the right of way. But then I'm always shoulder checking anyways.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do but will weight for a straight stretch and go by slow....or the 1st short cut over the side, goin up or down. I have 0 patience :/

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I am just wondering what and how is the right way to pass on the trail. Yes I'm the guy that likes to fly down the trail. But I don't want to piss people off doing so. Suggestions?

just wait until it is safe to pass then just giver fifth gear tapped!! (although sleds have a belt drive) haha i pass on trails all the time and i just giver but you have to be safe!:cool:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get close and give a few courtesy "braaps" on the throttle. some hear it, some don't....if they don't, I wait until they are far enough over on a straight stretch or slowed on a corner with good oncoming visibilty and dust 'em.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep I try and do the same, braaaappppp a few times and if nothing then takes 3 sec to pass at right time............Some guys never look back and go from side to side, thats worst then flying by somebody at mach speed......

Reactions: RXN

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's getting dark and we're on our way down, I just throw on my high beams ( HID's) so when they see their shadow in front of them they know someone is behind :)
Or if it's daylight I'll do as mentioned above a few blips of the throttle and when its safe I'll go by fairly quick, but not fast enough to be picking them off with ice chunks

Rek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just fly by them on the straights and go mach speed until i pass then i slow back down dont let them slow you down!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MAn that is too bad i always make sure to have my toys ready to go for when i get that 2 stroke powerband craving

Im just gettin the old 426 Yami engine completely redone, and gunna grab another 2stroke this spring! I'll be in Texas for the rest of this winter, or I woulda purchased a new sled for sure. Im itchin bad!

Top Bottom