panorama?

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sled Forester,buggaboos, and paradise a far bit as I find its just as much fun as revy with out the death hi-way. Plus 1.5 hours closer to home. Radium Resort is where we stay, rent a whole condo for 7 guys, its like $20-$25 a night each.
Well now, thanks for letting us know you were going!...Do you have any pictures?

GRD

Reaction score
We sled Forester,buggaboos, and paradise a far bit as I find its just as much fun as revy with out the death hi-way. Plus 1.5 hours closer to home. Radium Resort is where we stay, rent a whole condo for 7 guys, its like $20-$25 a night each.

Do you have any maps, or directions for the above areas? How big are the areas? What kind of riding (alpine)?

Buster

Reaction score
The area is like a big valley and the trail in is super long. When you get to the cabin it opens up to mostly long hill climbs up avy shoots. Beautiful riding

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have any maps, or directions for the above areas? How big are the areas? What kind of riding (alpine)?

I have maps printed off but they are in the sled trailer at the shop. Next time I'm up there I will scan them and send you a copy. I can't seem to remember were I got them from though. I find the Radium to be a good allround area it has stuff for newbies to play in while the thrill seekers can play as well. If your a tree basher this is the place it has lots of tree runs,bowls etc

GRD

Reaction score
I have maps printed off but they are in the sled trailer at the shop. Next time I'm up there I will scan them and send you a copy. I can't seem to remember were I got them from though. I find the Radium to be a good allround area it has stuff for newbies to play in while the thrill seekers can play as well. If your a tree basher this is the place it has lots of tree runs,bowls etc

Looking forward to seeing the maps!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks "smash" that is the one . I looked on the hot springs site and blew by it! If you are going to "bugaboos" that map is alittle misleading. Go to the spillimacheen store "as on the map" turn left go across the bridge, then take first left and on the right hand side is a switch back road you can park there or go up that road if its plowed. In the past we have always had to park at the bottom of the that road due to 2 feet of snow on that road. If you follow that map directions it takes you down a windy foresty road for no reason...take the hi-way to the "store" much easier. P.S that store sells beer for on the way home as well.

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks "smash" that is the one . I looked on the hot springs site and blew by it! If you are going to "bugaboos" that map is alittle misleading. Go to the spillimacheen store "as on the map" turn left go across the bridge, then take first left and on the right hand side is a switch back road you can park there or go up that road if its plowed. In the past we have always had to park at the bottom of the that road due to 2 feet of snow on that road. If you follow that map directions it takes you down a windy foresty road for no reason...take the hi-way to the "store" much easier. P.S that store sells beer for on the way home as well.

When looking at the map, in your opionion where is the best riding? Bugaboo looks the largest.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bugaboo is great if its clear and sunny,not to windy. Paradise and forester both have great places to play if its socked in lots of places to play in the trees and small bowls. They all are fun but I'm not a big hill climb all day kind of rider. I like to play in the shoots and trees alot they all have some good climbs but I like the optoin if its socked in. I'm not sure there is anough snow yet to make the tripp yet. But this time last year we had some of the best days I ever had sledding. Sun sun lots of sun way cool.

GRD

Reaction score
Bugaboo is great if its clear and sunny,not to windy. Paradise and forester both have great places to play if its socked in lots of places to play in the trees and small bowls. They all are fun but I'm not a big hill climb all day kind of rider. I like to play in the shoots and trees alot they all have some good climbs but I like the optoin if its socked in. I'm not sure there is anough snow yet to make the tripp yet. But this time last year we had some of the best days I ever had sledding. Sun sun lots of sun way cool.

It's nice to have that option if it is socked in!

smash

Reaction score
Iwould say forester is the best all around riding nice play areas down low and some good climbs up above the lake

not much for playing on bugaboo and not much cover in bad weather long narrow trail in but if you get up top on a nice day chances are you will be all by yourself surrounded by big peaks that you will probably not see the top of

as for paradise its a good place to take the wife and kids so they can see what we do up there

havent made it to brewer yet maybe someone else can fill us in on it

there is no more sledding at jumbo but rumor has it they are talking about opening up some more trails back in there

GRD

Reaction score
Iwould say forester is the best all around riding nice play areas down low and some good climbs up above the lake

not much for playing on bugaboo and not much cover in bad weather long narrow trail in but if you get up top on a nice day chances are you will be all by yourself surrounded by big peaks that you will probably not see the top of

as for paradise its a good place to take the wife and kids so they can see what we do up there

there is no more sledding at jumbo but rumor has it they are talking about opening up some more trails back in there

Good info thanks.

.08rider

Reaction score
All great info guys!! I will be checking out a few of your hot spots this xmas, one day with the wifey, and another just me and the boys. Just got home from McBride last night and there was lots of fresh snow with no tracks.

DTR

Reaction score

Hey,

Brewer has got to be one of my favorite riding places! Last year we had to wait until January to get in(open water etc). The year before the riding was great in February. A beautiful spot but I reconmend being very very careful as locals have descibed the place as haunted. My understanding is the place is bad for avys.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brewer has alot of great terrain but all the slopes above the lake are prone to slides, nothin but shale underneath.
Pic from this summer
brewer09010.jpg
[/IMG]
When the slides come down they smash through the ice and huge chunks get pushed up and off to the side.

DTR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Did you get to quad up there or is it a hike from the bridge?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride it on my mountain bike. You can ride all the way to Panorama from the lakes.

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rode paridice mines yesterday and they need more snow when you go up to make a pull youll hit about 3 rocks going up. it was my first time there and i give it a :thumbsup2: just needs more snow. has anybody been back over them hills by the cabin. whats back there.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You drop down into a few more areas. Mostly trails. Mcdonald, etc. You come out at Radium.

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok we were looking at our map and it says theres a trail that runs from the cabin at paridice mines arround and back to mc donald and we were there yesterday and couldnt find anything. could someone point us in the right direction or pictures

Thanks

Top Bottom