panorama?

nytro mtx

Reaction score
We went quading with Toby Creek Adventures this summer in panorama ,The guide said that it was a very good spot for sledding, Not sure of the name, anyone know where I'm talking about?
Thanx Dwayne

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seen a show on sled tv or snowmobile tv or something like that of them and there tours and the terrain looked great.If I remember corectly it is a family run business for the past 20 or 25 years.The son will take you on rides from beginner to expert.Looks like a great place.
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya I think I know where you mean. Its west of Invermere. Never been there but once had a guy working for me that sledded there once and a while, I don't know much about it.

That can be a good thing,going to try and get down that way this year!
catmando!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here`s two areas. The little blue and white dots is the Panorama ski resort. I haven`t been there yet but the towns in the area have maps of the riding areas. It didn`t look to hard to find the riding areas.

Attachments

• McDonald and Paradise snowmobiling.jpg
    McDonald and Paradise snowmobiling.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 350

nytro mtx

Reaction score
here`s two areas. The little blue and white dots is the Panorama ski resort. I haven`t been there yet but the towns in the area have maps of the riding areas. It didn`t look to hard to find the riding areas.

Thanx for the info All. Any word on snow there yet?

GRD

Reaction score
Looks like it may have some good riding...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Invermere/Radium area has lots of good riding areas, Toby Creek on the map is rather small however the locals say there are other areas nearby. Several sanctioned areas nearby at Radium.

Lost

RIP Fallen Angel
Reaction score
Invermere/Radium area has lots of good riding areas, Toby Creek on the map is rather small however the locals say there are other areas nearby. Several sanctioned areas nearby at Radium.
Thanks snochuk I agree that this area is good but small ,some of the other riding in this area is also good but only slightly larger. I would classify as one basin area After riding the larger areas it hard to go back to them but riding is riding and you don't really know whats over the next ridge (in this area its probably helli skiing)

poorboy

Reaction score
paradise mine is across from ski hill lots of newbees riding as thats where the rental sleds ride also forester straight west of radium but glacier is closed

nytro mtx

Reaction score
paradise mine is across from ski hill lots of newbees riding as thats where the rental sleds ride also forester straight west of radium but glacier is closed

Thanks for the info, is there any white stuff up there yet?

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then this is where I`m going to go...I`ll look like a pro with all the Newbies around,lol.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, is there any white stuff up there yet?

finally got some (6") this week in the village/ trailhead. there's been a few guys up already and have said there is enough to blast around in the bowl.

D

.08rider

Reaction score
I am going to be in Canmore for xmas the wife and her family are going skiing,I am bringing my sleds,wheres the best riding, and is anyone else going to be in the area from26-29 Dec? if you need or wouldn't mind another rider give me a pm.thanks I have been mountain riding my whole life and would be a good addition to any group

Last edited by a moderator:

smash

Reaction score
paradise mine is deffinately a beginner area but sometimes its fun to go and show off to all the tourists you can ride over the back side in the late season but earlier there are alot of rocks
good place to go if you want to show someone the mountains but they don't have a sled trail is always in great shape thanks to toby creek
I would recomend taking in a trip maybe on sunday after your all beat up from other riding

GRD

Reaction score
I am going to be in Canmore for xmas the wife and her family are going skiing,I am bringing my sleds,wheres the best riding, and is anyone else going to be in the area from26-29 Dec? if you need or wouldn't mind another rider give me a pm.thanks I have been mountain riding my whole life and would be a good addition to any group

Closest mountain riding to Canmore would be Golden!

smash

Reaction score
from canmore its the same distance to radiun as it is to goldenas long as the 93 is open

GRD

Reaction score
from canmore its the same distance to radiun as it is to goldenas long as the 93 is open

Good point....

Never rode radium. Heard it is a little smaller than Golden.

With that new bridge by Golden, should speed up travel time.

smash

Reaction score
you should try it forester is pretty fun lots of play areas and some nice big climbs bugaboo has some huge climbs but narrow trail in and you go through five or six big avalanche chutes on the way in not a good place during high avalanche risk conditions

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sled Forester,buggaboos, and paradise a far bit as I find its just as much fun as revy with out the death hi-way. Plus 1.5 hours closer to home. Radium Resort is where we stay, rent a whole condo for 7 guys, its like $20-$25 a night each.

Top Bottom