Onion Lake

barthasbite

Reaction score
I moved to Red Deer this summer, would like to try this area before the spring!
I'm hoping to head out here on the weekend with my sled or snowbike. anyone going?? any snowbikes in the area??

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved to Red Deer this summer, would like to try this area before the spring!
I'm hoping to head out here on the weekend with my sled or snowbike. anyone going?? any snowbikes in the area??
As long as work doesn't interfere, I might try to get out on Saturday or Sunday. I'll let you know as it gets closer. Sled for me.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope users of this area will be able to stay ON the trail on the way up to the random area and stay OFF the lake itself as outlined in the PLUZ map or face closure.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope users of this area will be able to stay ON the trail on the way up to the random area and stay OFF the lake itself as outlined in the PLUZ map or face closure.

Say what now?
I haven't looked at the PLUZ for awhile but I thought the lake was open game.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as work doesn't interfere, I might try to get out on Saturday or Sunday. I'll let you know as it gets closer. Sled for me.

couple of us thinking about going out on sunday if you are interested would be nice to ride with someone that knows the area as we have never
rode sleds out there yet

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple of us thinking about going out on sunday if you are interested would be nice to ride with someone that knows the area as we have never
rode sleds out there yet
Appreciate the offer. Might take you up on it. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the area either. Pretty sure we could figure it out.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are signs until you are around the flats above the lake by the outhouse.

I saw trail marker signs but I don't recall seeing anything suggesting to stay on the trail or off the lake.
I'll keep my eyes peeled next time!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw trail marker signs but I don't recall seeing anything suggesting to stay on the trail or off the lake.
I'll keep my eyes peeled next time!

There are other areas a lot closer to civilization that have just as much snow. Theres really no question if you stay out of the PLUZ entirely. A guy I know went out and was immediately checked out by a conservation officer... Keep a tight azz kids.

barthasbite

Reaction score
There are other areas a lot closer to civilization that have just as much snow. Theres really no question if you stay out of the PLUZ entirely. A guy I know went out and was immediately checked out by a conservation officer... Keep a tight azz kids.[/

Any suggestions as to where else to go west of Caroline or Rocky? I'm really not familiar with the area.

Reactions: CJR

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to head out Sunday. Have to decide whether to stage from Caroline and ride that area, or onion lake area. Anyone have any updates as to which area has better snow?

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are other areas a lot closer to civilization that have just as much snow. Theres really no question if you stay out of the PLUZ entirely. A guy I know went out and was immediately checked out by a conservation officer... Keep a tight azz kids.[/

Any suggestions as to where else to go west of Caroline or Rocky? I'm really not familiar with the area.
Your welcome to join us if you'd like. As soon as we decide, I'll let you know where and when we stage.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy out in Caroline says 3 feet in the trees last Sunday! Might be worth a look! Lotsa cut lines in Caroline area...

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

Top Bottom