On the verge 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why, you have to ask?? When you have obviously had to mod your 6 litre? Why?? Because you can!!! Not everyone wants the high step in height, the crappy mileage of a 3/4 ton truck...I've sold plenty of 6 litre 3/4 tons and have had plenty of requests for a 1/2 ton puller...actually, what they should do and MAY do is put the 6.2 in a 3/4 ton...that would be sweet!:Ponder::Ponder:

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why, you have to ask?? When you have obviously had to mod your 6 litre? Why?? Because you can!!! Not everyone wants the high step in height, the crappy mileage of a 3/4 ton truck...I've sold plenty of 6 litre 3/4 tons and have had plenty of requests for a 1/2 ton puller...actually, what they should do and MAY do is put the 6.2 in a 3/4 ton...that would be sweet!:Ponder::Ponder:

Sold when can i order if im going to get chitty milage i may as well have the suspension for anything

powderpusher

Reaction score
got a 07 duramax pulls well but a pig on fuel get better milage out of the 6ltr gas job ,had lots of issues with the 07 never buy another chev deisel again

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I doubt a big gas job will cure that.......

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the deisels have all that enviro BS on them and from people are saying mileage sucks, go gas job dsl has more maintainace i guess if you need the pulling power dsl is the choice

bspot

Reaction score
I can only comment on the duramax mileage and it is no different than the old trucks that didnt have the particulate filter. While your general maintenance is more expensive there is less on a diesel than a gas, they brake down less.

Top Bottom