oil injection delete

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am looking at deleting oil injection on my 07 rev ... used 4 litres in 200 miles i think this is a little much... i think pre mixing will be better... so what do i do, where can i by a kit or can i make everything myself... imput on this would be helpful thanks...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to do it yourself.

-block off plate
-gasket
-small oil tank or sight tube for lubricating the waterpump

are you planning on leaving the oil tank in? or removing it. you need to find a way to mount your computer and pull cord if you remove it.

i can get you all the part#s you need

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but unless it is smoking a lot would a person not think it is getting the correct amount of oil? i mean im sure the oil injection is set to be as efficient as possible... or maybe not:confused::eek:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 litres in 200 miles is fine as long as you also burned about 3.5 tanks of fuel.....32 to 35:1 is about right for the R motors. I know for deep snow mountain riding I can kill a tank and a jerry can in 50 miles pretty easy.

I found last year when I ran full synthetic oil I burned about 20:1....I switched to semi-synth at Big John's recommendation and now I'm at about 35:1. I read somewhere about the pumps being calibrated to flow with semi-synth and I thought it was bunk....but maybe there's something to this.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need to do it yourself.

-block off plate
-gasket
-small oil tank or sight tube for lubricating the waterpump

are you planning on leaving the oil tank in? or removing it. you need to find a way to mount your computer and pull cord if you remove it.

i can get you all the part#s you need

pm a price

Top Bottom