Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's still their after May long lets go pull it off the mountain Dan...Ridiculous

Yeah for sure. I might go up this weekend Erik. Woulda went this week but still waiting on parts for my sled.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 100% Having said that the vast majority of sledders still are awesome people. I hope the local clubs and the sledding community at large will clamp down on the nonsense perpetrated be a small percentage of sledders. People that care about riding areas and the environment will be affected by these "dickwads". There classless actions reflect on us all and cast a very poor light on the snowmobiling community. I appreciate all the hard work folks have put in to the areas. I am willing to help keep the riding areas free of these "dickwads" Thanks for the post it a great way to start a dialoged.

The newer generation of riders don't give a crap about destroying the riding areas. Things have made a big change for the worse from 10 years ago. Just saying. A lot of dickwads out there Now.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer generation of riders don't give a crap about destroying the riding areas. Things have made a big change for the worse from 10 years ago. Just saying. A lot of dickwads out there Now.

F*ck you man, I'm in my early 20's and have been coming to multiple bc riding areas for the last 8 years and seen just as many 40+ year old men do dumb snowmobiler "image ruining" things as the " newer generation" . Think about your words and targets before you type and shoot there flat lander.

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There just seems to be more crap going on in the last ten years is what I am saying mur190

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There just seems to be more crap going on in the last ten years is what I am saying mur190

There is also more people using the back country in the last ten years.

I would consider myself a newer mountain rider. I haven't been riding in the mountains ten years. I didn't grow up in the area. It doesn't mean I do not respect what I have.

I see lots of new riders who are respectable people. They show initiative, partake in club activities and also try and educate themselves on the right and the wrong of the sport. To single out newer riders leads me to believe you are a prototypical veteran mountain rider who thinks they know best. Run into lots of you guys. Pick up lots of your beer cans too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It snowed at say 1500 m in sicamous last night, still good and white up top

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Snow is quite amazing actually. Access to some zones is a tad tough but it just depends on how much gravel you are comfortable riding. Boulder /Turtle access is best via Kirkup. Joss is good as well. Some buddies are on bikes today into Frisby for a tree experience and they just sent down a thumbs up on the freshy. No idea on Keystone access at the moment.
With moderate temps and little rain the next while it should remain good for a while.
Safe spring sledding.
RS

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Just wondering how the snow conditions and access is for a newbie. All my friends are done for the year, so I'm thinking of taking the girlfriend with limited experience for a trip but I don't really feel like frustrating her with some sketchy access. Thanks.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on dan, If we are comming I will send you a pm..

can an we pull trailers up to unload area or need a deck

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on dan, If we are comming I will send you a pm..

can an we pull trailers up to unload area or need a deck

Sounds good. Id bring sled decks unless you like cluster fawks...lol:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually rode in Golden today. It was pretty good. Soft snow, up to bumper deep some places.

Revy should be about the same. Yeah really warm out, catching a good tan out here.

Sun is up till like 9pm so dont have to get up too early. Riding in May can be pretty good!

PS the snow line is along ways up.... Season is going to be over soon so ride while you can:beer:

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually rode in Golden today. It was pretty good. Soft snow, up to bumper deep some places.

Revy should be about the same. Yeah really warm out, catching a good tan out here.

Sun is up till like 9pm so dont have to get up too early. Riding in May can be pretty good!

PS the snow line is along ways up.... Season is going to be over soon so ride while you can

[url]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Lildukesledin/DSCF4763_zps7m9dfybo.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/Lildukesledin/DSCF4781_zpse2lixzsb.jpg[/URL]
Really don't want to hear bumper deep story's

I put my chit away, because of how hard to get to snow to ride from

Guess it's time to bike or boat or gazer ride now, mabe fish

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really don't want to hear bumper deep story's

I put my chit away, because of how hard to get to snow to ride from

Guess it's time to bike or boat or gazer ride now, mabe fish

Haha, yeah access is getting dicy! I drove almost to the lake at Gorman Today. Once you're up it was great though.

Season is winding down here quickly, Id like to get a few more rides in though if I can.

Top Bottom