Official REVY Riding Conditions 2014/15

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
It"s that time of the year again to dust off the old iron or if your lucky pick up the new ride and head to Revy for another epic season. Summer just keeps hanging in so the quads and dirt bikes have been out every weekend but that might be coming to an end soon. Last year we had the snow bikes out Oct 2nd up on Sale in 2 feet of powder. So post your rides with pics and let the sledding / biking begin.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't wait till the turkey day ride weekend!!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typically, when can a guy start sledding around this area?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
It"s that time of the year again to dust off the old iron or if your lucky pick up the new ride and head to Revy for another epic season. Summer just keeps hanging in so the quads and dirt bikes have been out every weekend but that might be coming to an end soon. Last year we had the snow bikes out Oct 2nd up on Sale in 2 feet of powder. So post your rides with pics and let the sledding / biking begin.

Greg hope all is well,
Can you provide any insight into the decommisioning of the road on boulder? I know there was an open house on the 24th of September.
Thanks Rick

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typically, when can a guy start sledding around this area?

Typically the first trip depends on what your willing to risk for sled damage..

I try go mid-late NOV depending on snow conditions, but we take it fairly light as a-arms seem to be destroyed by the dozen.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. Nov 11 always my first trip. But it's just some seat time. Cant go crazy. No pow turns or hitting pillows of pow. You can climb a little. I prefer to tread lightly in Nov so I don't slam something and break a sled or worse yet my wrists. :)

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
Begbie just got hit with it's first dump of snow this morning and it sure looks good. Got a nice view right out the store window when it cleared off. As for the start of the season the third week of Oct seems to work for me and I do less damage because you can see most everything sticking up through the snow. Good to hear from you Rick, last year the ministry put the Frisby road as a " forest service road " and took over maintenance. It's my understanding that this is the direction Boulder will go as they have spent thousands of dollars putting in 3 new bridges on the Kirkup. The Bezanson and Veideman would have been the affected trails and probably the down hill mountain bikers are more concerned.
Thanks Greg

c.wilson07

Reaction score
I usualy make first trip end of november when the hunting tags are filled sometimes get out earlier though. IF a guy heads out early what areas are most likely to have a little more snow smashed some a arms on boulder and frisbee early last year, sail seems to be a decent early season spot and sometimes have good luck stoping at quarts on the way out, any other spots for good early season rides people are willing to share?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down my favorite thread look forward to seeing updates in Revy!!! Never been out in Nov but have new iron this year and itching to get out. But of course only after my deer tags are filled!!!

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ripped Frisby and Boulder last season on November 15th weekend! Found some epic pow at both riding areas for November riding. Can't wait to hit it up again this November! Keep the updates rolling!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
There is lots of fishing early season.
12volt standalone winches are a money maker for the early season peeps... Money makers for us! Hopefully no statistics...
The early snow makes it so fun and daring.

Lakes are soft and covered! But that looks so inviting!

Lets get our minds in the game and have a wonderful season... SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!!! dont be the one that does not speak out if you are uncomfortable.......
Lets start our season and the rest of our season with knowledge!
Ask the questions and get positive result.
We have or will get the training and prove we are the best in the industry>>>

Everyone stay safe and keep our heads in the game.......... help each other and spread your knowledge....

Have a great season allllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
O yal! Stay off the little lake by Frisby cabin!! We helped fish a guy and his sled out last year in November;-)

This guy?

oops.jpg

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad picture as you know his friends will never let him forget "that day" he went into the lake. That was probably around the 1st week in November. LOL they never learn

Top Bottom