Nv cabin/cottage in mcbride

skidooboy

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I don't normally do this but cannot let this one go.

We stayed at the NV Cabin, just 10 min before you hit McBride, and thought I found a nice spot. Well was I WRONG. Don't like to be picky but here is a few problem with the place:

1. Even if we reserved in advance, the heat was off when we walked in. Took most of the evening to heat up the place.

2. No BBQ available, had to walk around to find one at another cabin. There was no briquette avail either. Got told to buy some. Ended up cooking our steak in the oven:nono::nono:

3. Shower curtain is brand new... ha yes, there is no shower head! No shampoo available either.

4. Hot tub water was barely warm, and the jets are not working.

5. No blankets available, froze all nite!

6. and I can go on and on....

All that to say that there are other places to stay. I sure won't stay there anymore.

:nono::nono::nono:

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few other guys i knew stayed there too and had simaliar comments. there is sum threads on here warning a guy not to go there. we stayed at north country lodge. was decent.

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi it was good to meet you guys but we did say to stay at the taracana it is the best place around:d

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we stayed at north country last year. Good people, nice Hot, hot tub and comfortable beds, what more could you ask for :)

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we stayed at north country last year. Good people, nice Hot, hot tub and comfortable beds, what more could you ask for :)

A hot tub without 40 dudes waiting in line to get in.:firefire: JJ guys.

All last year we stayed at the McBride Hotel. Clean, Comfortable and Cheap! Lots of parking and there was someone there late to let us in. No tub but we usually are too tired and go straight to bed after dinner. I have heard horror stories of here before but have none of my own.

Worst place had to be the Canoe in Valemont (Newer owner of course). Used to rock!

I'll try NC this year. Thanks for the post.:beer:

shedy

Reaction score
Don't Waste your money at NV Mountain View Resort.

moved this over from our posting on Mcbride Accom.

For the last three new years we have had a huge family group (at least 7 cabins rented) stay at the NV Mountain view resort which is located 16 km east of Mc.Bride.. the cabins are really nice and roomy but the service is the worst ever...and over 3 years it just gets badder and badder.

This year we booked and they have a 2 week cancellation policy in place, which some of our members did cancel 10 before and they where going to charge them 1/2 the price, they had to fight with them to not get charged at all.

When we arrived we where told our cabins would be ready for 2pm so we hung out and when we got the keys to the cabins the bathroom was dirty and not cleaned, the year before hair was in the beds of one cabin so the sheets were not cleaned..the website says they are stocked kitchens but the kitchens are not..the price on there website is not what they charge as for the sign at the drive way says cabins 59.99 but when asked that is for the 2 little half cabins that are "rented out" but no one stayed there when we where there. they also said our price was higher because of snowmobile season...
they wanted us to pay a fee each day to use the hot tub and sauna never heard of that before!

Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Top Bottom