McBride Sledder Rescue - Monday Jan 21,2013

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
How did the injuries happen? Collision? Cliff? Doesn't say???

I did mention above but here,

accident.JPG

The SPOT worked well also, the 911 was pushed and the lights only blinked for about 3 minutes, then they were off. The Canadian RCMP were called with the coordinates and that there was a 911 call on the hill. I depressed it again after about 20 minutes to make sure, and the spot was in the same place tied to a tree.
By the time the two men got to the staging area and called from there there was already a Spot rescue in the process, the chopper was already on there way to McBride. I did not know that the chopper has to be on the ground by 5 pm though and cannot fly after this until the next day. And after a mechanic has looked over the chopper. So time for the patients was critical as well as the chopper.

Pam

Reaction score
We are so grateful that you were there to help our brother. The last thing we said to Tyson before he left was to have fun and be careful, you say that just because-you never imagine that something like this would ever happen and your pictures make it so real. To everyone who was there volunteering their efforts, thank-you once again-he is lucky there are people like you in this world. We are anxiously waiting for Ty to get home and we know he has a long road ahead but he has many friends and family here to take good care of him. Many thanks, Glen & Pam:)

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way to go RON...
Set up, take charge and get things done fast.

Hats of to you and the people you set up to assist in this bad situation

This stuff always happens 1 hour before dark....

Thanks to all that assisted and took the time to look after an injured sledder

Thanks to Rod and the S&R crews that volunteer to help keep our lives safe... Thanks Guys

WELL DONE everyone.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update - Tyson is due to be released from Prince George hospital on Thursday with a number of plates and pins holding his leg together. Two of his buddies stayed behind to wait for him. Long trip home to Saskatchewan for his group. The fellow with the injured arm was xrayed, treated and released from McBride hospital with no broken bones, but some major soft tissue damage.

Rknight111 took charge of a very tense situation, kept calm and handled it all with class and common sense. Our search and rescue area manager has commended him on his quick and level headed response to the situation.

I had a "visit" with Tyson at work the other day post operatively - he probably doesn't remember me, but now that I see this story and his face I'm all "HEY!!! I Know him"! Speedy recovery Tyson :) I pray that the next time I see your face, its back on a sled and whoopin it up :p

Nice work Ron, Lisa and "Team"... :beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Good Work Ron.

Tyson, I sure hope you heal up quick and strong! You guys are very lucky to have had this kind of first aid treatment on the hill!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Hey Ron it's Tyson I'm doing ok I'm flying home Friday I was very lucky to come across u and Lisa with all your experience. Thanks again very much appreciate it

Good to hear from you and hope you will have a full recovery. Keep me posted on everything for you and your buddy, you can email me to at ron@snowandmud.com

K-MAN

Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone who helped us out on the hill that day. Ron and Lisa you two were a huge help. And the other group of guys that came by and started gathering wood for the fire and shelter were a big help too. Also thanks to Rod, Barry and the rest of SAR/RCMP who made everything happen so quickly. I was one of the guys that rode down the mountain to call for help. I think Jared and I set a record going down the Renshaw trail. It's nice to know that there are people out there willing to stop what they are doing to help others.

Just to clarify, Korby and Tyson got hurt in two seperate incidents. Korby took a poke up a hill and fell off his sled and jammed his arm on his sled resulting in a dislocated elbow. 15 minutes later Tyson's injury happened. Not a good day for us.

Here's a few pictures of Tyson's injury.

Stay safe
Darbie

IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1623.jpg IMG_1624.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look fun....AT ALL. Good to hear you guys got out ok and good job to everyone that helped out!

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That looks nasty buddy! Thanks for looking after my fellow Foam Lakers!

PS > Tyson GET SOME SHIN GUARDS

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you heal quickly, Tyson. The pictures of your injuries brought back memories of my leg injury from a quadding accident in May 2012. You look like you are in good spirits in the pics! Wow, what an ordeal to go through. Big props to the people that stopped and helped and knew exactly what to do. And yeah, believe me.....scars aren't a bad thing to have!

korby_17

Reaction score
There were a lot of people to thank for this whole situation. When my arm got caught up in the skid, the three guys that were there made a sling and got me back to where everyone was safely and carefully. When we got back and Tyson got in his accident there was five guys besides me and Tyson that we were riding with we owe a huge thank you to and prolly alot of beers. If it wasn't for Steve and Dwayne, Tyson prolly would have got run over twice for sure by other sleds. When the two guys went to call for help they made a lot of miles in a short period of time, there was Kyle, Steve and Dwayne who were working like dogs getting wood for a fire and making splints for Tyson's leg. We are great full that Dwayne bought his spot so we could get help as fast as we did. Ron you were a huge help with your first aid and helping Tyson and I feel comfortable.
When Tyson and I arrived at the hospital the nurses and doctors were sweet. They kept our spirits high even with the situation we were in. Mcbride is full of great people offering us a place to park our trailer while we went to Prince George and a place to stay if we needed to.
I am pretty sure I can speak for Tyson and myself when I say we ride with a great group of guys for all they have done. Ron and Lisa you were a huge help along with the other group of snowmobilers, s&r, paremedics, and everyone who was involved.
Sled on!!
korby

ps. There is some good looking ladies in Prince George hospital.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Korby you are totally correct. There was a great effort by all involved. I could even tell at times you wished you could of gotten up and assisted as well. I wish you a speedy recovery and we'll have to all meet up and go for a ride next season. I've never seen the saws work so hard. That is another must as well

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you heal quickly, Tyson. The pictures of your injuries brought back memories of my leg injury from a quadding accident in May 2012. You look like you are in good spirits in the pics! Wow, what an ordeal to go through. Big props to the people that stopped and helped and knew exactly what to do. And yeah, believe me.....scars aren't a bad thing to have!

Looks alot like your leg back in May hey? Dr. Turner saw Tyson's leg in ER and asked me if that was a buddy of mine. He must think I run with all the loonie accident prone type :) little did I know Tyson came from where I did !!

Top Bottom