Read this if you're over 40

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched 2 hours of TV on Saturday before my parents kicked me outside. 8:00 was definitely Stampede Wrestling! Good times.

My Dad brought home a video game console called Intellivision with a game called Lock & Chase. My mom was pissed at him. Then when it was time for bed and we are battling it out for high score, she would freakin lose it. Haha.

Dynamic

Reaction score
Im only 27 and almost all of that stuff didn't exist or was in its infancy when I was growing up. Anybody over 30 can relate to this stuff.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
In 1970, my wife and I went to the NWT. Just over the border to Ft. Smith.

Television was "canned"! 4 hours per night from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm on one channel. It was sent in from the south on a film strip reel (you younguns may not know what that was?) one week at a time. So when the shipment came in, there were 7 reels for the next 7 days. A bummer when it missed the plane or there were technical difficulties. It was only B&W. Had to have the "big antenna" to be able to watch (the tower type) unless you were very close to the main site. Rabbit ears wouldn't work where we lived.

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rotary dial phones,party lines............... Had punch cards you had to feed into the computer to get it to run. I miss the XJ mobile phones the most.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had channels 3, 5, 11 (French) and 13. It was a big deal when the a-channel showed up on 9!

My dumps are way longer with this stupid iphone. Lol

polguy

Reaction score
I also grew up in those times... Now I can't even go take a dump without my iPhone. Lol
Easily added 15 minutes to my daily BM... 10 minutes for the phone and another 5 to get the feeling back in my legs! LOL

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farm vision tv!!3,5 and some times 13!Fuzzy saturday afternoon cartoons when you weren't outside working!And Walt Disney on Sunday nights!!My kids stare at me when I say how 'rough' I had it as a kid but I think we turned out all right!!Must have we all learned enough about computers to get on here!!LOL!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farm vision tv!!3,5 and some times 13!Fuzzy saturday afternoon cartoons when you weren't outside working!And Walt Disney on Sunday nights!!My kids stare at me when I say how 'rough' I had it as a kid but I think we turned out all right!!Must have we all learned enough about computers to get on here!!LOL!!
And Beachcombers or Muppets after Walt Disney while having desert. LOL

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Walt Disney at 6pm Sunday was a family affair! Awesome. But 7 o'clock, it was off and we were punted outside.

How about those old POS milk sacks the milkman would deliver? The plastic ones you had to put in the half container with the handle. You'd put it in and pound the thing on the counter until it seated at the bottom. Then take the scissors out and cut the corner off. Heaven forbid if you cut to much off cause your mother would fkn lose it on you and it could warrant a cuff in the head. Then when that sack would get about 3/8 empty, you'd tip too much and the sack would fold over the edge of the container, spilling milk all over the table and floor. We were privileged to get the odd chocolate milk sack delivered. It was a few times a year because chocolate milk was 13 cents more than white. Frick I hate white milk.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember watching my first colour TV and thought I had died and gone to heaven. But it sure made Charlies Angel's look way better!

Top Bottom