North Country Lodge McBride

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So as Darren just said. Both cords were plugged in, we didn't unplug anything, but only one outlet worked. Upkeep is part of owning a buisness and electrical systems/wiring is kinda an important part of a hotel/motel. It was stated by management that the electrical is failing and in need of repairs and or upgrades. This is why the system as a whole can't handle any load on it is what we were told. Dunno and don't care anymore.........................:rolleyes:
Wonder what a fire marshal would say about electrical/wiring failing thus being a fire issue/hazard and potential liability to the general public/guests. Not to mention the insurance liabilities.

Hmm mmm.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my experience all sledders are pretty easy going and laid back - especially when you're on a sledding trip - and would respond to any reasonable explanation. For the employees to do none of that when it's looking like a pretty tough winter financially for everyone doesn't make much sense to me as a business owner. Just sayin' they may want to revisit their customer service.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my experience all sledders are pretty easy going and laid back

Darren and I have been sledding together for years, and are about as laid back as it gets. I can't remember us ever complaining about anything on a sled trip before. Except for how early the Grizz closed a few times; but a ride to the bar was all it took to turn that frown upside down.:cool:

sledd boy

Reaction score
So let me get this right your trailer takes now power to run only 2 amps and your battery froze in 8 hrs? a 120 or 160 amp hrs battery should last a little more than an 8 hr night. You don't ask for much don't pug in you truck but let it run for hrs driving people out of 25 rooms. But hey it's your right. They told you to not plug in so what bad mouth his place. Didn't know you were the only ones that sled. My 2 cents worth

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let me get this right your trailer takes now power to run only 2 amps and your battery froze in 8 hrs? a 120 or 160 amp hrs battery should last a little more than an 8 hr night. You don't ask for much don't pug in you truck but let it run for hrs driving people out of 25 rooms. But hey it's your right. They told you to not plug in so what bad mouth his place. Didn't know you were the only ones that sled. My 2 cents worth

Ummmmmm......yeah I guess.:rolleyes: Not sure what that all meant; but we aren't bad mouthing. We are simply advising people that things are not the same at the NCL as they have been in years past. Nothing more than a heads up for people booking a room and expecting to plug in their trailer.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It is also only light for about 8 hours right now. So your trailer is actually parked for about 16 hours. Just sayin'...........

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We just stayed there this weekend and had a little run in with the owner and his son.These people acted as if we were causing them a great deal of grief by spending our money there.Like stated earlier;their customer service sucks.We won't stay there again.Valemount it is.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why take it out on the whole town? Just because the owner of 1 hotel was a dick head doesn't mean the rest of the town is the same. Plenty of places to stay without supporting North Country.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just stayed there this weekend and had a little run in with the owner and his son.These people acted as if we were causing them a great deal of grief by spending our money there.Like stated earlier;their customer service sucks.We won't stay there again.Valemount it is.

Heard there is a really good hotel in Blue River you should try...Great customer service and friendly staff...:D:D

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why take it out on the whole town? Just because the owner of 1 hotel was a dick head doesn't mean the rest of the town is the same. Plenty of places to stay without supporting North Country.

I've stayed at the Beaver Creek Lodge a couple times and it was great. No worries about plugging in your stuff, very reasonable rates. It's located at the end of the road and the access is such that thieves aren't likely gonna come in there as they are trapped. Clean, private cabins, hot tub and the owners were awesome people. Just my 2 cents in agreement with slededjr.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree,we had a great stay at cougar den cabins and the locals around town seemed really nice.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And there are also several excellent BB around town also, a few houses to rent, Cougars Den, Beaver creek and more.
I typically stay at the Sandman - crawl downstairs for 6:00AM breakfast and on the trail for 7.

If you stay tired enough you never notice service much.
lol

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the hospitality of the locals in McBride. I personally have never had a problem with anyone. Have herd folks talk about North Country before though. I usually stay at the Beaver Creek or NV cabins. I'm not one for hotels, more of a cabin kind of guy. Lol

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We tried Beaver Creek also but they had stupid restrictions about how many people were allowed in their cabins and when we mentioned we would probably be meeting in the big cabin for breakfast that was going to be too much " wear and tear " on their stuff. I just found it frustrating that in a town that I assume relies fairly heavily on sledders as a source of income we got the attitude that we weren't wanted.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jebus. Sounds like everyone was on the rag when you were there. I've had 7 of us in the loft chalet at Beaver Creek and 8 or 9 in the bungalow style ones. Must have been their time of the month or something. Lucky for me and group I guess as we've never had issue since going there in 2007. I hear ya though, it's hard to get over what some consider bad hospitality.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We tried Beaver Creek also but they had stupid restrictions about how many people were allowed in their cabins and when we mentioned we would probably be meeting in the big cabin for breakfast that was going to be too much " wear and tear " on their stuff. I just found it frustrating that in a town that I assume relies fairly heavily on sledders as a source of income we got the attitude that we weren't wanted.
jill has had the same rules for her cabins for the last 12 years. nothing new and she has had a faithful following for that long as well. if you ask the questions when booking and don't like what you hear move to your next choice. my B&B has rules as well and that is most likely why i lose some business as well. good luck with your valemount riding next year and enjoy. ride safe be terrain aware. Barry

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the Beaver Creek Lodge a couple times and it was great. No worries about plugging in your stuff, very reasonable rates. It's located at the end of the road and the access is such that thieves aren't likely gonna come in there as they are trapped. Clean, private cabins, hot tub and the owners were awesome people. Just my 2 cents in agreement with slededjr.

When did Beaver Creek Lodge get the Hot Tub?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at NV before, great experience with them and the cabins are nice, well equipped.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom